Whether you are an expectant parent or already have your little one at home, we want you to feel confident and secure in your health and nutrition. The Women, Infants and Children Nutrition Program (WIC) provides access to nutrition education, support and nutritious foods to help keep pregnant women, new mothers, infants and preschool children healthy and strong.
WIC is more than just education and food provision – it's an entire program dedicated to making sure your family’s needs are heard and that they have what they need to live a healthy life. Whether you are a father, mother, grandparent, foster parent or other legal guardian of a child under five, you can apply for WIC and get access to ALL of these great services:
- Professional Nutritionists
- Get personalized guidance from our WIC nutritionists and individualized plans to address your child’s eating habits.
- Nutritious Food Packages
- We make it easier for you to provide your family with healthier food choices by providing food packages that include fresh, frozen, and canned fruits & vegetables, whole grains, and infant foods (including formula if needed).
- Prenatal Nutrition
- You want to give your baby the healthiest start, so we will provide you with prenatal education and healthy foods to help feed your baby what they need for development long before delivery.
- Breastfeeding Promotion, Education & Support
- Breastfeeding is the healthiest way to feed your new baby with benefits for both mother and child, but it’s not always possible. We offer breastfeeding support, education and counseling to provide you with the resources and support you need to provide the best nutrition for your baby.
- Nutrition Education & Planning
- We will show you how to make healthy, affordable meals at home for your family with tips and recipes that are sure to be a thumbs up for your tastebuds and your budget.
- Health Care Referral Assistance
- We want you to have the medical help you need, so we offer referrals for your needs such as immunizations, health care and other programs like Medicaid.
- Health Screening
- We’ll help you keep track of your child’s growth through scheduled health screenings so you can feel confident in providing for their continued good health and development.