Every family deserves access to quality child care – and every child care provider deserves access to the resources they need to provide that care. Child Care Aware® of New Hampshire seeks to improve the quality and accessibility of child care for families and providers alike.
By providing comprehensive resources and a national network to connect families in need of child care with trained professionals seeking child care opportunities, Child Care Aware strengthens New Hampshire’s child care system to effectively serve all children, families and child care providers. We also advocate for early childhood educators to receive more affordable access to education and higher wages to continue increasing the quality of care they provide.
Child Care Aware provides increased access to quality child care services and education through:
- Free child care search and referrals for families seeking child care through our Child Care Resource & Referral services
- Education for families on what to consider when selecting a quality child care environment
- Assistance for low-income families in finding a child care program for children so working family members may maintain employment through collaboration with the New Hampshire Employment Program (NHEP), State of New Hampshire District Offices and Workplace Success
- Referrals to other community agencies if you have concerns about your child
- Comprehensive access to consumer education, child care search and health and wellness resources at NH Connections
- Social media connections and up-to-date information through our Families Facebook page
For Early Childhood Professionals
- Free marketing for providers with child care openings through our Child Care Resource & Referral services
- Training and professional development opportunities for early childhood professionals including access to scholarships and apprenticeships for continued education
- Guidance for early childhood professionals regarding licensing, credentialing and accreditation as well as managing their education, experience and workplace information through the NH Professional Registry
- Focused Collaborative Group Meetings and Family Child Care Networking Collaborative Meetings to provide participants with information around targeted topics of interest, Child Care Aware of NH program updates, essential local/state information and professional development opportunities
- Conferences, training opportunities and other full-day events
- Bi-monthly and monthly e-newsletters
- Technical assistance and consultation to early childhood programs throughout the state on various topics that support quality early childhood programming
- Comprehensive access to our job board, resources and information about local, state and national child care related issues at NH Connections
- Social media connections and up-to-date information through our Providers Facebook page and private Facebook groups
Through Child Care Aware® of New Hampshire, Southern New Hampshire Services provides Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) services to educate and support families, providers and the community regarding child care needs. We help administer and maintain a free and confidential referral database of child care providers to connect families in need with available and qualified child care.
The services offered through Child Care Aware® New Hampshire are offered under a contract with the New Hampshire Department of Health & Human Services’ Division of Economic and Housing Stability, Bureau of Child Development and Head Start Collaboration with funds provided in part by the US DHHS and the State of New Hampshire. Please keep in mind that CCR&R provides information NOT recommendations. CCR&R does not endorse any specific program or provider. It is your responsibility to choose the option that best suits your needs and those of your child.