On May 21, 1965, Southern New Hampshire Services is chartered in the state of New Hampshire to serve as the Community Action Agency for Hillsborough County in compliance with the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964.
Our service area increases to include the City of Manchester.
We receive a slight name change as Southern New Hampshire Services, Inc.
Southern New Hampshire Services takes on an administrative role for Rockingham Community Action in October 2008.
To better serve our communities, Rockingham Community Action merges with Southern New Hampshire Services in July 2011. We now serve residents of all 65 towns and three cities in Hillsborough and Rockingham counties.
We continue working together to meet the needs of our low-income neighbors, addressing the root causes of struggle in our community. We make a way for individuals to take charge of their lives through:
- Securing & retaining meaningful employment
- Attaining an adequate education
- Learning valuable income management skills
- Meeting urgent and immediate individual & family needs including health, nutrition, housing and employment-related assistance
- Addressing the problems and barriers which block the achievement of economic stability
Learn more about Our Mission.
See our Overview of Services to learn more about what we do.
Ready to be part of real change for New Hampshire? Check out our current Career Opportunities.