Assist with the implementation of various energy conservation programs through the energy audit of residential properties. Record the pertinent data in written and computerized formats and generate work order specifications for the energy conservation measures that are to be installed by contractors. Ensure proper follow through and inspections in the field, verify quality installations and client satisfaction.
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Weatherization Director, and general supervision of the Chief Operating Officer.
Exercised: No supervision of agency employees. Oversight is exercised over all phases of the contracted work in the capacity of quality assurance and compliance.
RATE: $27.72 - $30.20 (Experience will be considered)
- Conduct the Energy Audit at the client’s home according to detailed format which includes:
- Performing various tests: blower door, pressure, heating system efficiency etc.
- Assessing and documenting the condition of the site.
- Educating the client whenever possible to obtain energy savings.
- Determine areas of possible health and safety dangers.
- Installing some energy savings products such as light bulbs.
- Metering appliances for possible replacement.
- Performing energy savings functions such as water temperature turn down.
- Use company provided tools and equipment such as a blower door or pressure pan to aid in testing.
- Communicate with client and schedule energy audit appointment.
- Document information collected at the energy audit in required format.
- Develop a work order of specifications for the contractor(s) selected to complete work.
- Review the billing received from the contractor and verify the bid prices and the actual work performed are of quality and accuracy.
- Inspect the work to check for conformity with the work order, the bill and the accepted weatherization guidelines.
- Verify that the client’s folder has all the proper paperwork required by the funding sources and agency requirements.
- Must be skilled in multitasking and the ability to maintain a dynamic work in progress.
- Team oriented, have the ability to adjust to changing procedures.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Enthusiasm to learn through on the job training
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong multitasker.
- Trade skills.
- Computer skills.
- Basic math and problem solving skills.
- Must have valid Driver’s License in order to perform the responsibilities of the position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School or GED
- Trade School, HVAC, Residential Construction is preferred.
- Experience working in the energy, construction, residential fields is preferred.
- Experience or knowledge with residential construction.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft office, Work order management software)
- Technical proficiency, math, tools, energy conservation.
- OSHA, RRP, BPI or other related trade certifications helpful.
- Energy Auditor Certification
- Quality Control Inspector Certification
- Energy conservation experience
- Experience working in nonprofit sector and low income clients
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer