The New Hampshire Emergency Rental Assistance Program (NHERAP) provides rent and utility assistance to eligible households who have been impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic.
If you have already received NHERAP services and would like to request additional assistance please reach out to the CAP staff person who processed your services or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to complete a short online application for additional services and provide documentation if your monthly rent amount has changed.
Watch a short video walkthrough of How to Complete the NHERAP Online Application.
Click here for an Application Process Graphic
Le recomendamos que llene la solicitud en línea. Si prefiere completar una aplicación en papel, haga clic aquí para abrir la aplicación PDF. Deberá enviar por correo la solicitud completada al CAP con todos los documentos requeridos.
Have you experienced at least ONE of these in the past year?
- Reduced income
- Significant costs
- Other financial hardship
- Qualified for unemployment benefits after March 12, 2020
- At risk of homelessness, paying more than 30% of your income for rent and utilities or living in unsafe or unhealthy housing
- Under a certain income level
The NH Emergency Rental Assistance Program will cover up to 15 months of:
- Past-due and future rent payments, including late fees and legal fees (back to April 1, 2020)
- Past-due and future utilities and home heating costs (back to March 13, 2020)
- Other housing-related costs such as internet and relocation expenses including rental application fees, utility hook-up fees, and security deposits
What is the application process for NH Emergency Rental Assistance Program?
- Apply using the online application. Call us if you need assistance in completing the application or need a paper application
- When you apply, we will assist you in identifying the information and documents you need. This may include documentation of unemployment, job loss, or hours being reduced, increased expenses, or other COVID-related income hardships.
- We will review applications, and once approved, will process payments for expenses to landlords and utilities. We will make every effort to process each application as quickly as possible.
Download the NHERAP Flyer if you would like to share information about this program with others.
The NHERAP is a federally funded rental assistance program through the Governor's Office for Emergency Relief and Recovery (GOFERR). It is administered by New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority (NHFFA), in collaboration with GOFERR and the New Hampshire Community Action Partnership agencies.
If you need assistance with an eviction notice, contact NH Legal Advice & Referral Center (LARC).
Note: The NH Emergency Rental Assistance Program is for renters, not homeowners.