The incumbent of this position is responsible for the maintenance of warehouse cleanliness, organization and safety. He/she is also responsible for packing CSFP food care-packages; the delivery of foods to sites; assisting with the delivery of foods at tailgate sites; and for loading and unloading the Truck.
Works under the direct supervision of the CSFP/Warehouse Coordinator, and overall supervision of the Food & Nutrition Director.
May be called upon to train volunteer support to assemble and pack CSFP care-packages and bread sorting and distribution.
* Strong time management skills are required - demonstrating the ability to follow multi-task directions and schedules that change with the delivery demands each day.
* Ability to drive a standard transmission truck (no CDL license required), however, a medical D.O.T. certificate is required. D.O.T. re-certification must be maintained annually. Must take and pass an assigned driver safety course.
* Gas and electric forklift experience desirable, but not required (must be able to pass training and acquire certification).
* Warehouse experience is also desirable, but not required.
* This position require the ability to be a fast learner and have the physical stamina to lift a minimum of 50 pounds repetitively.
* Assist with preparation of food distribution at warehouse. This includes: assembling CSFP care-package boxes, packing care-packages with food, lifting and loading them on to pallets for delivery.
* Assist with The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) distribution by lifting and loading food into the vehicles of our community partners.
* Maintains warehouse cleanliness, organization and safety. This includes but is not limited to: restocking shelves in both the ware house and the shopping center as needed. Sweeping the floor, breaking down card board boxes and bringing them out to the recycling dumpster, and utilizing forklift to move, stack and organize pallets.
* Responsible for assisting with weekly bread program sorting and distribution.
* Safely and proficiently operates the forklifts and maintains certification.
* Assist warehouse coordinator with unloading and recording inventory counts of USDA deliveries.
* Performs other related duties as required.
Truck Driver Duties:
* Preforms daily truck inspection before departure. Areas of safety concern are to be reported to management immediately before the truck is permitted to leave the loading dock.
* Maintains and updates the trucking log whenever the truck is in use.
* Driver will use the GPS system for all deliveries, even for locations the driver knows well. He/she is to use the ETA feature to determine if the truck is on schedule. In the event the Driver is running over 15 minutes late, the driver is expected to pull over and call the warehouse coordinator so the site location can be notified of the delay.
* Drives truck to and from site locations, lifts and unloads deliveries, and neatly stacks the order where the client / community partner designates.
* Makes CSFP tailgate site deliveries and assists participants with lifting and unloading boxes from the truck. This may also include helping physically challenged participants get their care-package into their car.
* Delivers CSFP care-packages to Proxy sites and assists participants by lifting and unloading the boxes from the truck. This also may include transporting care-packages into the common rooms of SNHS senior housing locations.
* As scheduled, picks up bread donations, returns to warehouse, unloads and sorts bread per directions. Returns empty bread racks to bakery as scheduled.
* Performs other related duties assigned by warehouse Coordinator.
* Gas up truck daily, before returning back to the warehouse.
* Cleans truck daily after every use.
* All SNHS employees are required to work cooperatively as a member of a team. This includes working well with other departmental staff and being flexible with time availability. This position requires frequent interaction with staff, clients, outside venders and community partners. Possessing friendly and professional customer service skills is a must, in order to professionally represent SNHS in the communities we serve.
* Present a positive and professional image whenever representing the Commodity Supplemental Food Program and Southern New Hampshire Services, Inc. while serving diverse groups of people and communities throughout Hillsborough, Rockingham and Cheshire Counties.
* Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
* Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
* Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
* Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer