The Housing Relief Fiscal Assistant is responsible for providing clerical and financial support to the agency’s Fiscal Department as assigned to include responsibilities for the Housing Relief Program, Homeless Housing and Access Revolving Loan Fund (HHARLF) and Housing Security Guarantee Program (HSGP) and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG).
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Chief Fiscal Officer and general supervision of the Executive Director.
- High School diploma or GED/HiSET with experience in accounting and low income housing.
- Must have advanced Microsoft Excel skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong administrative, record keeping, reporting and organization skills necessary with high attention to detail.
- Ability to function within the context of a team, and the ability to work independently are required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
• Serve as Accounts Payable for the Housing Relief Program as well as back up for the agency’s Accounts Payable, FAP, Weatherization and WIOA.
• Process requisitions for the Housing Relief program assuring all information included is accurate and complete including W9 form and final approval by the Deputy Director.
• Assists in preparing Financial packages for Annual Audits and Monitorings.
• Works with HSGP and HHARLF program recipients regarding payments and payment plans; sends out monthly client statements.
• Completes monthly State cumulative HSGP and HHARLF reporting.
• Communicates with landlords about the program and claims process and processes claims.
• Maintains HSGP and HHARLF client files.
• Records received checks; applies date and deposit endorsement; makes copies for program and fiscal offices; and makes bank deposits to Agency and HSGP accounts. Prepares deposit copies and adds G/L codes for Fiscal entry.
• Participates in scheduled Team meetings as requested.
• Maintain assigned record-keeping systems essential to effective administration and program operations.
• Provides backup coverage for reception and phones as needed.
• Provides a wide variety of clerical support to the Housing Relief Program and the agency’s Fiscal Department to include filing, collating, photocopying, scanning, mailings, distributions, etc. as need.
• Assists with data entry as assigned.
• Maintains professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintains the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policies and procedures.
• Abides by all SNHS safety policies and procedures.
• Presents a professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
• Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS, Inc. programs and will, gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs beneficial to clients and his/her family.
• Performs all other duties as assigned by the supervisory personnel.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer