Assist with the implementation of various energy conservation programs through the energy audit of residential properties. Record the pertinent data in written and computerized formats and generate work order specifications for the energy conservation measures that are to be installed by contractors. Ensure proper follow through and inspections in the field, verify quality installations and client satisfaction.
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Weatherization Director, and general supervision of the Deputy Director.
Exercised: No supervision of agency employees. Oversight is exercised over all phases of the contracted work in the capacity of quality assurance and compliance
· Conduct the Energy Audit at the client’s home according to detailed format which includes:
o Performing various technical tests: blower door, pressure diagnostics, heating system efficiency etc.
o Assessing and documenting the condition of the thermal envelope.
o Educating the client whenever possible to obtain energy savings.
o Determine areas of possible health and safety concerns.
o Installing some energy savings water & lighting products.
o Metering appliances for possible replacement.
o Performing energy savings functions such as lowering water temperature.
· Document information collected at the energy audit residential site, in required format.
· Initiate work order specifications for the contractor(s) selected to complete work.
· Review the billing received from the contractor and verify the bid prices and the actual work performed are of quality and accuracy.
· Inspect the work to check for conformity with the work order, the bill and in accordance to the weatherization guidelines.
· Verify that the client’s folder has all the proper paperwork required by the funding sources and agency.
· Highly skilled, multitask and maintain a dynamic work in progress.
· Team oriented, have the ability to adjust to changing procedures.
· Maintain the professional boundaries with all current, past and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedures manual.
· Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
· Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
· Perform other related duties as required.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
· Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· 1-3 years residential construction experience.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Strong communication skills.
· Strong multitasker.
· Trade skills.
· Strong Computer skills
· Strong math, problem solving skills.
· Building Analyst Certification - within 6 months of employment,
· Certified Energy Auditor State of New Hampshire within 1 year of employment.
· Must have valid Driver’s License in order to perform the responsibilities of the position
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· High School or GED
· Trade School, HVAC, Residential Construction
· Experience working in energy field, construction, residential.
· 3-5 years residential construction experience.
· Computer proficiency (Microsoft office, Work order management software)
· Technical proficiency, math, tools, energy conservation.
· OSHA, RRP, BPI or other related trade certifications helpful.
· Certified Energy Auditor State of New Hampshire
· Quality Control Inspector Certification
· Energy conservation experience
· Working in a nonprofit organization and/or with low income communities a plus
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer