Southern New Hampshire Services (SNHS) is one of five New Hampshire Community Action Agencies (CAAs) and one of approximately 1,000 CAAs in the country. Created by the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964, CAAs are charged with promoting self-sufficiency and creating opportunity for low-income families and individuals. We manage dozens of programs and deliver services through a Whole Family approach which meets emergency needs and provides stability to help families achieve their goals. Every position within the agency contributes to the overall success of these efforts, and helps SNHS deliver on the Promise of Community Action – “Community Action changes people's lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live.”
The incumbent of this position is responsible for addressing the needs of low-income families through a Whole Family Approach and helping them overcome barriers to greater financial independence through effective case management and coordinated service delivery with other SNHS programs and partner agencies focusing particularly around meeting the intake requirements related to the Housing Assistance Programs offered through SNHS.
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Project Innovation Director.
• Assist clients in the process of completing accurate and complete Housing Assistance and other housing related applications.
• Conduct an initial client assessment, to establish current levels of family needs so metrics can be established. Reassess at appropriate intervals throughout the engagement process.
• Help identify other potential family needs which arise and engage other resources from SNHS programs or community partners, especially in the area of housing.
• Provide coaching to families, supporting them in developing goals.
• Work with families to resolve any barriers to progress families in meeting their goals.
• Work with families on establishing and maintaining a budget appropriate for their specific resources and needs.
• Advocate for families with other partners or service providers, and coach parents in learning to advocate on their own behalf.
• Ensure that all data relative to the housing services being delivered is entered into the appropriate data system(s) in an accurate and timely manner.
• Recruit appropriate recipients to represent the agency in response to requests by the media or public officials.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
• Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
• Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
• Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
• Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
• Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Experience working with low-income families in a case management setting
• Knowledge of social service system
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer