The incumbent of this position is responsible for: Actively seeking out and implementing current and new methods for marketing CCR&R services in compliance with best practices. Produces program materials such as e-newsletters, training documents, brochures, flyers, forms and reports to support media, marketing and outreach efforts throughout the state of New Hampshire. Assists Program Manager and CCR&R Team Staff with all tasks related to effectively and efficiently marketing the CCR&R program through resource, outreach, recruitment, training and technical assistance activities.
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the CCR&R Program Manager, and general supervision of the Child Development Director and Operations Manager.
RATE: $20.24 to 24.03
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Manages and assesses, as needed, Marketing and Outreach Plans for CCR&R.
- Proactively seeks new methods to promote CCR&R services regionally and statewide.
- Coordinate all aspects of outreach, outreach materials, marketing and public relations with CCR&R Program Manager and CCR&R Staff.
- Assist with the development, writing and communication of marketing and outreach plans, promotional recaps, project recommendations and presentations.
- Co-Facilitates the Media, Marketing and Outreach Team on a bi-monthly basis to train staff on providing outreach and marketing services.
- Network, identify and collaborate with community contacts and develop new relationships to build an awareness of CCR&R services.
- Conducts outreach, advocacy and networking activities to community organizations, families, providers and businesses as they relate to child care issues.
- Design and produces brochures, flyers, newsletters through Constant Contact, etc. for CCR&R programs as requested and/or outlined on the program work plan.
- Promotes and manages use of CCR&R Website, ProSolutions Trainings, Constant Contact, Facebook, Livechat and other forms of social media used.
- Assists in the production of technological information for providers (and families as appropriate) with SNHS CCR&R Team, obtaining and including pertinent information related to child care issues, updates and available training opportunities both locally and throughout the state.
- Utilizes follow-up survey results to assess the client services and CCR&R Program Survey results from programs to assess provider services for marketing and outreach purposes.
- Accurately inputs information in the NH Connections Information System database in accordance with the program’s procedures in relation to clients and providers and ensuring timely entries, accuracy of information and assistance in meeting quarterly reporting requirements.
- Responds to assigned technical assistance and outreach with Professional Development Support Coordinator on the phone, via email, online and onsite.
- Attends relevant professional development opportunities, as assigned.
- Assists with Referral, Recruitment, Technical Assistance, Consultation and general office/administrative activities and day to day program operations, as assigned.
- Assists in overall regional and statewide consistency related to CCR&R programming and services.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work as a part of a team, communicate effectively both orally and in writing, receive and provide feedback, and manage dynamic interchanges in meetings and other community outreach activities.
- Possess ability to work independently, with little supervision, and complete multiple tasks and job responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support the mission and philosophy of SNHS Community Action Agency. Work in partnership with participants without judgment or bias, recognizing and respecting individual differences and backgrounds.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personnel integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and fortitude in all our Community Action activities in order to inspire confidence and trust in the Community Action movement.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Have the ability to travel statewide as required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, in addition to, excellent customer service skills and a high degree of professionalism.
- Proficient computer skills in relation to data entry, word processing, and spreadsheet management.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with attention-to-detail approach and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to travel statewide as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- CCR&R Training and Marketing Coordinator must have a minimum of a Associates’ Degree in one of the preferred fields of study: Early Childhood Education, Marketing, Computer Science, Graphic Design, or related field. Proven experience in CCR&R services in relation to marketing and outreach activities can be substituted for field of study.
- Early Childhood Education knowledge, is preferred.
- Five years’ experience working in a community based setting, is preferred.
- CCR&R Training and Marketing Coordinator is subject to criminal background check in accordance with the New Hampshire Child Care Licensing Unit.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer