The incumbent of this position is responsible for providing bi-lingual support services and consumer education for families in selecting child care and ensuring that the NACCRRAware database has up-to-date and accurate information in compliance with NACCRRA’s best practices as a member of the CCR&R Team. Facilitating training opportunities and providing targeted technical assistance to early childhood professionals in compliance with NACCRRA’s best practices and as outlined by CCR&R Program Manager to meet regional and state needs. Provide interpretation in second language as necessary.
Works under the direct supervision of the Lead CCR&R Outreach Coordinator in conjunction with the CCR&R Program Manager, and general supervision of the Child Development Director and Operations Manager.
The Bilingual Support Specialist must be Bi-Lingual. The candidate will have a minimum of an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Work or a post-graduate degree with a minimum of 24 credits in ECE or approved coursework. The position requires strong written and verbal communication skills in addition to excellent customer service skills. The position requires proficient computer skills in relation to data entry, word processing, and spreadsheet management. Five years experience working with children and families in a community based setting. Bilingual Support Specialist is subject to criminal background check in accordance with the New Hampshire Child Care Licensing Unit.
* Provides Bilingual support services to families and providers through in-person assistance, phone calls and/or email in conjunction with the assigned CCR&R Staff Person, as appropriate.
* Develop community partnerships to build interpretation services in a variety of languages; assist staff with accessing interpretation services for families and providers.
* Assist in providing bi-lingual support, training and technical assistance as appropriate to meet the needs of providers either through training opportunities or technical assistance efforts.
* Responds to assigned technical assistance from Professional Development Support Coordinator to providers on the phone, via email, onsite and documents assistance given in database appropriately.
* Provides a minimum of three (3) referrals to each client and responds to requests for referral within 24 business hours.
* Documents the number of NHEP/District Office clients and their success in finding child care.
* Maintains the client and provider portion of the NACCRRAware database ensuring timely entries, accuracy of information, and quarterly reporting.
* Assists with writing the program narrative to accompany quarterly data reporting relative to Resource & Referral Services.
* Develops and maintains a system for communication that includes emails, faxes and attendance at quarterly NHEP Partners meetings.
* Attends all TANF Orientations with NHEP participants as scheduled by the NHEP team unless notified that there is no one attending who has children under 13, and
* Maintains a presence in the assigned DHHS District office as required under the terms of the current DCYF contract and in accordance with the hours posted and maintains a strong collaborative partnership with DFA Staff.
* Maintains a strong collaborative relationship with the NHEP team.
* Conducts follow-up surveys via phone, email, mail, and/or survey monkey to document the number of clients who found care or did not find care and to determine their satisfaction with CCR&R services.
* Documents unmet childcare needs based on follow-up surveys and client consultations. She/he will communicate this information to CCR&R staff and encourage new and existing cc providers to offer services to meet these unmet needs.
* Provides technical assistance to prospective child care providers to enable them to qualify under federal, state and local regulations; maintains liaison with state and local regulatory agencies in order to facilitate the licensing and start up of child care facilities. Accurately inputs information in to the NACCRRAware database in accordance with the program’s procedures.
* Conducts and documents routine provider updates when including vacancy information in order to support clients efforts to find care within (five) 5 business days.
* Maintains the Online Provider Services (OPS) of the NACCRRA Suite of Data Services ensuring timely entries, accuracy and approval of information, and quarterly reporting.
* Conducts outreach, advocacy and networking activities to community organizations, parents, providers and businesses as they relate to child care issues.
* Assists in the production of the quarterly newsletter for providers ( and families as appropriate) with SNHS CCR&R Team, obtaining and including pertinent information related to child care issues, updates, and available training opportunities both locally and throughout the state.
* Assists with Recruitment and Training activities as assigned by CCR&R Program Manager.
* Assists with general office/administrative procedures and day to day program operations including phone coverage, reception, recordkeeping and other clerical tasks.
* Assists in overall regional and statewide consistency related to CCR&R programming and services.
* Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work as a part of a team, communicate effectively both orally and in writing, receive and provide feedback, and manage dynamic interchanges in meetings and other community outreach activities.
* Possess ability to work independently, with little supervision, and complete multiple tasks and job responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner.
* Support the mission and philosophy of SNHS Community Action Agency. Work in partnership with participants without judgment or bias, recognizing and respecting individual differences and backgrounds.
* Demonstrate the highest standards of personnel integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and fortitude in all our Community Action activities in order to inspire confidence and trust in the Community Action movement.
* Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
* Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
* Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
* Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
* Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is a Equal Opportunity Employer