The incumbent of this position is responsible for performing routine cleaning and janitorial tasks. He/she will maintain the buildings and units in a clean, neat condition. Work is performed in accordance with standardized procedures and instructions, both written and oral.
This position is 40 hrs/wk.
Received: The incumbent works under the day-to-day supervision of the Maintenance Technician II or designated staff and the overall supervision of the housing manager.
- Clean floors located in common areas, including and not limited to, corridors, elevators, offices, stairwell, lavatories and all other areas by sweeping, dry mopping, scrubbing and vacuuming. A variety of hand implements and equipment, such as brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners will be used;
- Keep rest rooms clean by sweeping, scrubbing and mopping floors. Disinfectants and deodorizers are used to clean the sinks and toilet bowls. All sinks, mirrors and fountains will be maintained in a clean and sanitary manner;
- Performs routine custodial and janitorial tasks, such as emptying waste baskets, smoker’s urns, washing windows, emptying trash compactors, vacuuming rugs/carpets, carpet cleaning and dusting;
- Apply appropriate solvents and solutions, such as detergents, soaps, scouring powders, and floor and rug solutions;
- Assist maintenance personnel with apartment turnovers as assigned;
- Responsible for the upkeep of all common areas and follow tasks designated on the Cleaning Schedule Checklist;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The incumbent must have the ability to use best practice methods in cleaning/custodial work, ability to use properly a variety of tools, be able to follow oral and written instructions and must be able to lift seventy (70) pounds.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer