The incumbent of this position is responsible for coordination with the Child Development Director to develop and evaluate systems to sustain quality services to children and families through continuous improvement in the areas of program design and management, child development and health services, and family and community partnerships.
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Child Development Director
Exercised: Supervises Center Directors, Multi-Site Supervisors, and others, as assigned
- Provide general oversight of center management through supportive supervision of center directors/multi-site supervisors.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of the center directors/multi-site supervisors including the centers operational, administrative, contracts, proper maintenance, enrollment and licensing procedures.
- Provide oversight of the Human Resources systems as outlined in the HSPPS including the Criminal Background Check process, professional development, health, and employee conduct.
- Assist the Child Development Director in the development of grant applications in cooperation with Policy Council, SNHS Board of Directors and Leadership Team.
- Participate in the effective implementation of a Shared Governance process in conjunction with the Child Development Director and key program leadership.
- Contribute to the strategic planning process in conjunction with the Child Development Director; incorporate the community assessment, self-assessment and other pertinent program data to develop strategies for meeting established goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership and direction in planning for the training, development, and mentorship of all staff in order to meet or exceed requirements, and as a means of ensuring quality experiences for children and their families
- Develop and implement systems to ensure child safety and awareness through Active Supervision strategies across the program.
- Evaluate monitoring results in conjunction with the Child Development Director, evaluate trends and ensure compliance of the Head Start Performance Standards and State licensing requirements.
- General oversight of hiring, discipline and promotion of employees; assist with evaluating employee performance.
- Convene regular center director/multi-site supervisor meetings as a means of developing leadership skills and ensuring consistent implementation of quality services and systems across the program.
- Utilize reporting systems to analyze data and respond to trends in the delivery of quality services.
- Facilitate the completion of the PIR (Program Information Report) in conjunction with key leadership team members and assure timely transmission to regional office.
- Develop and implement the program evaluation process.
- Possess effective communication skills, including the ability to work as part of a team; promote a productive culture by valuing individuals and their contributions.
- Represent the agency in community partnerships.
- Represent the program at conferences and workshops and bring information back to the team and direct service staff.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to relate effectively to parents of Head Start children, staff, and the community. Ability to work in a team environment that supports quality and integrated services.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Social Work, or related field. Supervisory experience essential.
Head Start/Early Head Start experience.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer