Responsible for examining all program applications to determine and certify their eligibility.
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Site Supervisor and the general supervision of the Energy/Crisis Coordinator and Fuel Assistance Director.
- Will check applications to assure that all the questions are answered.
- Determine that each application is properly documented.
- Certify the eligibility or non-eligibility of each application by applying program criteria.
- Assist in verifying the accuracy of application information.
- Will work directly with intake/outreach workers to answer questions and give assistance as needed, to insure the completeness and accuracy of applications.
- Certify a productive amount of applications, typically 25+ per day.
- Assist in taking applications as needed
- Maintain daily logs.
- Call in emergency deliveries or payments as required.
- Return all client phone calls in a timely fashion;
- Assist home bound clients in completing applications when necessary;
- Perform clerical duties as needed;
- Perform outreach duties as needed, either by phone or in the field;
- Be available for evening and Saturday hours when necessary.
- Be available to cover other outreach offices as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Will have advanced experience with the intake process, rules and regulations as well be very detail oriented.
- The incumbent must have the ability to work with clients and co-workers in a professional, confidential and respectful manner.
- Incumbent must possess very good verbal and written communication, math, data entry and interviewing skills.
- Proficiency with computers and basic programs required.
- Must have the ability to work as part of the outreach team, keep cordial relations with co-workers and have the ability to adjust to changing procedures.
- Possess the ability to work efficiently and rapidly with minimal supervision under heavy pressure.
- Be physically able to sit at a computer for long hours during the day.
- Reliable transportation is necessary.
- Ability to speak a second language is a plus.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED and 6-month experience with social /community services or related field.
- Degree in related field may substitute for 1 year of experience.
- Experience working with the general public, particularly the elderly, disabled and low income population.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer