The Intake Specialist is responsible for involving eligible clients in appropriate SNHS programs, establishing and maintaining community participation groups for advocating the needs of the low income, representing SNHS with local community and other social service agencies and interested groups, maintaining a system of information and referral, and the coordination of office functions.
- Provides direct client services, to include the following as appropriate: energy assistance, emergency food pantries, homeless prevention and intervention, personal emergency response systems, surplus food distribution, and other community services.
- Interviews applicants for all emergency crisis and energy programs and completes applications providing all necessary verification forms and program information.
- Maintains and updates client records for all Outreach Center services.
- Learn to use the FAP/EAP software proficiently;
- Meet members of the general public, greet them cordially and give them general information about the programs.
- Check each application submitted by the general public to you, either by mail or in person, for completeness and proper documentation.
- Recommend and take applications for supplemental programs without bias; utilizing the agency referral checklist.
- Work at a steady pace that results in seeing an average of 14 new applicants per day.
- Return all client phone calls in a timely fashion.
- Perform outreach duties as needed, either by phone or in the field.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
COMPENSATION: $18.58 SNHS provides a generous benefits package.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Southern NH Services
40 Pine Street Manchester, NH
(603) 668-8010 or apply at: www.snhs.org/careers