The incumbent performs routine building maintenance and janitorial tasks. He/she maintains buildings/surrounding grounds in a clean/neat condition. Work is performed in accordance with standardized procedures or prior instructions.
Received: Works under the supervision of the Facilities/Maintenance Supervisor and/or Site Manager. Work is reviewed, while in process and upon completion for accuracy and compliance with prior instructions, on a regular basis.
RATE: $17.05 - $19.67 (Experience will be considered)
(This list of duties may not include all tasks, but is generally representative of such duties.)
- Performs needed maintenance on buildings and grounds, such as replacing locks, inserting window panes, oiling or lubrication of hinges, adjusting various pieces of equipment, minor plumbing and incidental electrical repairs, light carpentry, painting, when directed by a supervisor or written work order.
- Maintains grounds by selecting the proper tools, implements and/or equipment to perform a variety of tasks, such as pruning shrubs and trees, re-seeding bare spots in lawns, fertilizing the grounds, spraying insecticide on shrubs and trees, removing snow and ice and other tasks associated with grounds maintenance.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment and buildings, per established schedules; Maintains paperwork to include logs of work completed in each apartment, work orders, duties performed.
- Performs daily routine custodial and janitorial tasks, such as emptying waste baskets, washing windows, lifting containers and carrying them out of buildings, vacuuming rugs and carpets, stripping wax from floors, assisting in the moving of furniture or equipment, clean common areas, which includes bathrooms, community room, kitchen, laundry room, and similar tasks.
- Applies appropriate solvents and solutions, such as detergents, soaps, scouring powders, waxes, polishes, etc., according to best practice procedures.
- The incumbent will have oversight and coordination of subcontractor work while on site.
- Performs a number of routine security functions, such as checking to make certain that designated offices and buildings are secured at specific times of the day and night, as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Will be in compliance with the On-Call Work Site Coverage Availability Procedure;
- Will travel, based upon agency needs, to other SNHS facilities and/or locations to perform assigned duties.
- Will be required to work extended hours as needed to meet agency requirements;
- Maintains work orders in the Boston Post work order system.
- Be familiar with HUD Facility Regulations and Fair Housing Regulations, as they pertain to maintenance functions.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and normally gathers sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs beneficial to the client, his/her family, or friends.
- Will maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff in accordance with SNHS policies and procedures.
- Abides by all SNHS, Inc. Safety policies and procedures.
- Presents a positive and professional image of SNHS with colleagues and within the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of methods and practices used in janitorial or custodial and maintenance work.
- Knowledge of proper use of a variety of special cleaning and sanitizing solutions and solvents.
- Ability to read signs and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to move heavy furniture, supplies and equipment.
- Required to be in good physical condition.
- Manual dexterity is needed.
- Ability to use common cleaning tools and equipment.
- Ability to operate lawn care and snow removal equipment.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance of buildings including minor electrical, carpentry, plumbing, painting and equipment maintenance.
- Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A candidate is required to be in good physical condition with an ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Manual dexterity is needed.
- Working knowledge of carpentry, painting, plumbing and electrical is essential.
- General knowledge of equipment maintenance and repair is necessary.
"Southern NH Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer"