Job Title: Cook
Department: Head Start
Location: Seabrook, NH
Hours: M-F 7:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (full time 35 hours per week)
Reports To: Site Supervisor
Are you interested in providing nutritious food for children? Work as part of a team to support the food service needs of our child care center. We are excited to have you join our team!
- Prepare breakfast, lunch, and snacks for their assigned center(s).
- Adheres to menus that have been provided by the Nutrition Services Specialist. Provides that these menus are posted in the kitchen and classrooms monthly. Adheres to menus for children with special nutrition needs as designated by the Nutrition Services Specialist, as well as able to adapt menus for special dietary requirements.
- Responsible to order and store deliveries of food and related kitchen supplies, within budget guidelines, as designated by the Nutrition Services Specialist.
- Responsible to shop at grocery store on an as needed basis within budget guidelines and picking-up of food from surplus food delivery site as needed for service.
- Wash and properly care for the dishes, utensils, and kitchen and food delivery equipment.
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness in accordance with state and local health, safety, and sanitation regulations. Responsible for following food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Maintain records on food purchases and related supplies, and menu production.
- Assist the teaching staff in implementing nutrition education activities for both preschoolers and infants and toddlers through food ordering, preparation and provision of equipment.
COMPENSATION: $16.10-18.58 SNHS provides a generous benefits package.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Southern NH Services
40 Pine Street Manchester, NH
(603) 668-8010 or apply at: www.snhs.org/careers