A job developer provides volunteer and job development services for the Work Experience, On-the-Job Training and Apprenticeship Programs to NH Employment Program (NHEP) participants.
The incumbent of this position will assist and support NHEP participants in the preparation, selection, and successful outcome of a Work Experience Program (WEP), On-the-Job Training (OJT) and/or an Apprenticeship opportunity in the program participant’s career pathway. Work closely with NHEP staff, local employers, educators and social service organizations as needed.
Supervision Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Field Support Manager.
Supervision Exercised: None
- Provide professional job development and placement services to program participants.
- Work with NH employers to create work experience placement/internships opportunities, as well as OJT placements leading to stable unsubsidized employment
- Work closely with the NH Sector Partnership Initiative, Workforce Development partners including, but not limited to; WIOA, NHES, Community College System, Work Now NH and Work Ready NH.
- Explore apprenticeship and educational options to support the participant’s career track before, during and after an internship and/or OJT.
- Provide job retention and follow-up services to program participants to ensure measurable skill gains are made and successful outcomes are achieved.
- Assist all Career Counselors by developing a diverse menu of employment-related opportunities within the local community, by actively networking and utilizing other creative marketing strategies.
- Work in collaboration with NHEP Career Counselors to assess the active caseload, weekly, and play a prominent role in devising a plan to meet each participant's needs.
- Develop opportunities based on individual participant needs or as part of an employer-based Customized Training effort.
- Present a professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS and NHEP.
- Attend regular networking and partner meetings as assigned.
- Become proficient with traditional employment resources as assigned.
- Learn the State of NH New Heights system for any reporting and participant documentation.
- Ensure all participant meetings and services are properly recorded in the case management system.
- Ability to regularly meet and/or exceed predetermined placement goals.
- Prepare reports and documentation as requested.
- Maintain knowledge of all SNHS programs and gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the participant and his/her family.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of local and statewide social services.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel on a frequent basis.
- Developing employment opportunities for program participants.
- Individual or group program participant instruction.
- Self-starter that is motivated to meet or exceed placement goals.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university with major study in Marketing, Human Resources, Business or Program Management, or related field is preferred although not required. Equivalent professional work experience in marketing, or job development process will be considered. A combination of education and experience that demonstrates an ability to fulfill the duties of the NHEP Job Developer will also be considered.
Minimum of two (2) years of professional work experience in sales, counseling, social services or business involving career counseling, employee development, social work, or human resources. Experience and/or a strong familiarity in assisting individuals in finding employment. The principals and methods of assessment and career counseling theories and methods. Working with low-income populations or hard-to-serve individuals.
"Southern NH Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer"