Assist with the implementation of various energy conservation programs through the energy audit of residential properties. Record the pertinent data in written and computerized formats and generate work order specifications for the energy conservation measures that are to be installed by contractors. Ensure proper follow through and inspections in the field, verify quality installations and client satisfaction.
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Weatherization Director, and general supervision of the Chief Operating Officer.
Exercised: No supervision of agency employees. Oversight is exercised over all phases of the contracted work in the capacity of quality assurance and compliance.
- Conduct the Energy Audit at the client’s home according to detailed format which includes:
- Performing various technical tests: blower door, pressure, heating system efficiency etc.
- Assessing and documenting the condition of the thermal envelope.
- Educating the client whenever possible to obtain energy savings.
- Determine areas of possible health and safety dangers.
- Installing some energy savings products such as light bulbs.
- Metering appliances for possible replacement.
- Performing energy savings functions such as water temperature turn down.
- Identify properties from the Fuel Assistance database to be audited according to certain criteria.
- Communicate with client and schedule energy audit appointment.
- Document information collected at the energy audit residential site, in required format.
- Initiate work order specifications for the contractor(s) selected to complete work.
- Review the billing received from the contractor and verify the bid prices and the actual work performed are of quality and accuracy.
- Inspect the work to check for conformity with the work order, the bill and the accepted weatherization guidelines.
- Verify that the client’s folder has all the proper paperwork required by the funding sources and agency requirements.
- Highly skilled, multitask and maintain a dynamic work in progress.
- Team oriented, have the ability to adjust to changing procedures.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 1-3 years of residential construction experience.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong multitasker.
- Trade skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong math, problem solving skills.
- Certified Energy Auditor -State of New Hampshire within 6 months of employment,
- Quality Control Inspector Certification within 1 year of employment.
- Must have valid Driver’s License in order to perform the responsibilities of the position
- Experience working in nonprofit sector and low income clients
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School or GED
- Trade School, HVAC, Residential Construction
- Experience working in energy field, construction, residential.
- 3-5 years of residential construction experience.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft office, Work order management software)
- Technical proficiency, math, tools, energy conservation.
- OSHA, RRP, BPI or other related trade certifications helpful.
- Certified Energy Auditor State of New Hampshire
- Quality Control Inspector Certification
- Energy conservation experience
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer