The Housing/Operations Accountant performs diversified accounting, administrative, and supervisory duties related to the maintenance of Housing accounts and other fiscal office functions.
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Chief Fiscal Officer and general supervision of the Executive Director.
- Prepares and submits annual budget to include capital need assessment.
- Review and approval of property monthly cash receipts journals.
- Prepares monthly Finance and Account Summary reports to include full year forecasting.
- Prepare and submit Reserve for Replacement.
- Performs account reconciliations as required.
- Maintains and manages cash flow.
- Records monthly accruals, reversing entries and general journal entries.
- Provide variance analysis on information which could include supporting revenue schedules, labor reports and expense review.
- Prepares and oversees all Housing audit schedules and communicates with audit personnel
- Familiar with Housing software (Boston Post)
- Prepare allocation rationale for shared facilities
- Reconciles the bank balances on a monthly basis
- Complete tax credit properties quarterly and annual reporting.
- Work with property management and maintenance staff to review and communicate current property conditions.
- Performs any additional duties that are consistent with the need for efficient and orderly operation of the fiscal office and effective fiscal controls, and in support of the agency’s mission and goals, as requested by the Chief Fiscal Officer or the Executive Director.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have advanced Microsoft Excel skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong administrative, record keeping, reporting and organization skills necessary with high attention to detail.
- Ability to function within the context of a team, and the ability to work independently are required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration plus 5 years experience.
- Solid experience in reporting, budget development/analysis and cash forecasting including cost allocation.
- Understanding of HUD rental properties and Housing software (Boston Post) preferred.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer