The Site Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations and management of the Community Action Center. The primary role is to provide leadership and direction to all staff that are responsible for providing local and immediate assistance to individuals and families seeking support. Accountable for planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all operations conducted through the Community Action Center. The Site Supervisor will oversee volunteers, manage donations, participate in local networking, and be responsible for site statistics and reporting. Program services include energy assistance; emergency food pantries; homeless revolving loan fund, intervention, and prevention; housing security deposit loans; personal emergency response systems; surplus food distribution; and other community services.
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Energy/Crisis Coordinator and the general supervision of the Fuel Assistance Program Director.
Exercised: Assigned Energy program staff.
- Establishes and maintains policies, procedures, systems and resource/referral information for the effective operation of all components of the Energy Program staff; Recruits volunteers, student interns and/or subsidized employment program participants to supplement staff;
- Coordinates office management functions for the Energy Program staff including inter-program coordination, space utilization, office maintenance and repairs, and phone and office coverage;
- Coordinates the planning, implementation and evaluation of Energy Program projects, with designated responsibility for the county-wide coordination of one or more of the following; Surplus Food, Crisis Assistance, and/or Personal Emergency Response System.
- Assesses service area needs, directs Energy Program activities to address same and, where applicable, assists in developing community-based responses; acts as advocate/spokes-person for low-income residents and coordinates advocacy/community organizing efforts of the Energy Program staff;
- Oversees the provision of needed Community Action services, including information and referral, crisis intervention and client advocacy, monitors effectiveness of same;
- Develops, maintains and monitors program and operational budgets for the Energy Program to ensure the effective/efficient expenditure of funds within specific grant amounts and time periods.
- Maintains current information on all Energy Program statistics and budget expenditures and coordinates the preparation and submission of reports monthly, annually and as needed to the Energy and Crisis Coordinator, including client and service statistics and project cost analyses for all Energy Program components;
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates Energy Program staff. Determines office staff structure and workflow in order to meet client needs;
- Coordinates office management functions for the Energy Program and, where applicable, for other Energy Program site-offices within the service area, including inter-program coordination, space utilization, office maintenance and repairs, and phone and office coverage;
- Develops and maintains effective networks among area human service provides community leaders and SNHS staff to ensure a comprehensive delivery of services to clients and prevent a duplication of services;
- Carries out all center-based community and public relations efforts aimed at informing the public about center services, encouraging the full utilization of SNHS services and promoting a visible, positive image of the agency and its services;
- Serves as a liaison to local communities and community-based funding source(s) on all program issues, including client needs, service provision, center funding, budgets, reporting, and compliance with regulations. Development of procedures and evaluation of performance;
- Carries out the annual municipal outreach within the center’s service area, and seeks to enhance the operation of the Energy Program;
- As needed and feasible, designs and submits community-based funding requests for supplemental projects;
- Responsible for certifying all energy assistance applications taken by the Energy Program staff.
- Works with Weatherization Program to coordinate activities designed to address energy-related crises. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Will have advanced experience with the intake process, rules and regulations as well as be very detail oriented.
- Proficiency in writing and oral presentation skills and experience with community/public relations and outreach.
- The incumbent must have the ability to work with clients and co-workers in a professional, confidential and respectful manner.
- Incumbent must possess very good verbal and written communication, math, data entry and interviewing skills.
- Proficiency with computers and basic programs required.
- Must have the ability to work as part of the outreach team, keep cordial relations with co-workers and have the ability to adjust to changing procedures.
- Possess the ability to work efficiently and rapidly with minimal supervision under heavy pressure.
- Reliable transportation is necessary.
- Ability to speak a second language is a plus.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A.A. in human services related field or minimum of at least 2 years of human service program coordination experience in lieu of education;
- Experience with community collaboration, poverty-related needs, and multi-service delivery systems;
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer