Responsible for performing and completing required intake which is the certification, eligibility & coordination of services in conjunction with the WIC Policy and Procedure Manual at WIC Clinics. Issuing benefits to participants and performing office duties related to these tasks while providing a high level of customer service & program quality.
Works under the direct supervision of the WIC Coordinator, and under the general supervision of the Health, Food and Nutrition Director.
- Assure WIC benefits . . . .
- Responsible for performing and completing required intake for WIC clinics and issuing benefits to participants. Clinics: Completes all procedures for Certification of clients (proof of identification, household income, residence, D.O.B, and pregnancy). Food and Issuance: Performs all procedures that involve Food and benefit issuance (Proof of ID).
- Responsible for WIC data entry into the WIC computer system.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all WIC Federal and State policies as referenced in WIC Policies & Procedures Manual with the ability to adapt and adjust to changing policies and procedures.
- Assist in performing all office duties such as: no show calls, transfer-ins, in-waiting’s, filing and answering phone calls in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Responsible for printing next day WIC clinic schedules and making reminder calls.
- Communicates effectively with the WIC Coordinator.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as assigned by your supervisor. (8:30-4:30, 7-3 and 11-7).
- Responsible for outreach duties as assigned by your supervisor, either by phone or in the field.
- Works at a steady pace to insure all participants are seen in a timely fashion.
- Is required to travel to WIC clinic sites through-out Hillsborough and Rockingham Counties.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Has the ability to listen and avoid judgement and is sensitive to the cultural diversity of WIC participants and accepts other lifestyles.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Valid New Hampshire driver’s license, current adequate car insurance, and a reliable vehicle.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma
- Spanish speaking preferred, but not required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer