The Children’s Program Assistant will assist the Assistant Children’s Program Coordinator with the daily operations of the After-School and Summer Recreation Programs offered by Southern New Hampshire Services North Peterborough Family Program.
The Children’s Program Assistants will be expected to work alone at any given site. Every effort is made to have two staff members on site; however, this may not be possible at all times. Therefore, the Children’s Program Assistant will be responsible for implementing all programming and maintaining appropriate participant behavior.
Temporary position: 25 hours per week until 8/26/22
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Family Resource Specialist/Children’s Services and the Assistant Children’s Program Coordinator.
- Facilitating daily craft and recreation projects.
- Assisting participants with daily school assignments.
- Supervising and participating in outdoor activities.
- Monitoring participants’ behavior to ensure a safe and enriching experience is maintained.
- Ensuring that all participants use appropriate, respectful, and compliant behavior.
- Reporting suspected abuse or neglect of participants by guardians or others.
- Assisting in the daily cleaning of program spaces.
- Supervising the safe and constructive use of all program supplies.
- Monitoring and reporting maintenance issues and supply needs at program sites.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Previous experience working with children
- Ability to participate in vigorous outdoor recreation activity year round (including but not limited to swimming, hiking, field games, running, jumping, throwing and water play).
- Ability to swim
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 12 Credits in approved education courses preferred.
- First Aid and CPR certifications preferred.
- Experience in special education, recreation, or other related field preferred.
- Ability to assist with academic assignments preferred.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer