The incumbent of this position is responsible for child care tuition payments, tracking program attendance, state scholarship eligibility, data entry of documents as necessary, sharing responsibility for answering the phone and greeting visitors and clients.
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Fiscal and Administrative Support Specialist, and general supervision of the Child Development Director
- Relate professionally and tactfully with all program participants and coworkers maintaining positive interpersonal communication skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Responsible for assisting the center director in the enrollment of the Child Care Center including: following application and enrollment procedures, the implementation of an application schedule, qualification of families eligible for Head Start and/or Child Care Scholarship Funds and all related paperwork and documentation. This includes all re-determination and renewal paperwork and documentation for each enrolled family.
- Responsible for providing information on all newly enrolled families to Center Director in a timely manner and always prior to start date.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate, up-to-date A/R billing records for each family. Will collaborate with the Center Director in the collection of tuition fees from each family. Will maintain and report A/R records for the fiscal department at SNHS, Inc.
- Track, coordinate and monitor income eligibility for State Scholarship reimbursements.
- Communicate with family workers regarding client eligibility for State Scholarship Assistance program on an as needed basis.
- Collect and check children’s attendance sheets, as assigned, in preparation for submittal for monthly food reports to the Child Care Food Program.
- Serve as a substitute for the billing clerk for program CACFP monthly billing to the State
- Utilize Quick Books program to maintain records of payment for the clientele.
- Prepare and complete weekly deposit.
- Work in conjunction with program staff in the pursuit of program goals.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail in areas of data entry, filing, and organization.
- Proficient in Windows operating systems as well as all Microsoft Office software, most notably Excel and Outlook
- Comfortable working in Quick Books
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an office setting with experience in an administrative / fiscal role
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer