A job developer provides volunteer and job development services for the Work Experience, On-the-Job Training and Apprenticeship Programs to NH Employment Program (NHEP) participants.
The incumbent of this position will assist and support NHEP participants in the preparation, selection, and successful outcome of a Work Experience Program (WEP), On-the-Job Training (OJT) and/or an Apprenticeship opportunity in the program participant’s career pathway. Work closely with NHEP staff, local employers, educators and social service organizations as needed.
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the On-the-Job Training (OJT) Program Manager
- Provide professional job development and placement services to program participants.
- Develop internships, OJT and Apprenticeship opportunities in the private and public sectors leading to stable unsubsidized employment
- Work closely with the NH Sector Partnership Initiative, Workforce Development partners including, but not limited to; WIOA, NHES, Community College System, Work Now NH and Work Ready NH.
- Explore apprenticeship and educational options to support the participant’s career track before, during and after an internship and/or OJT.
- Provide job retention and follow-up services to program participants to ensure measurable skill gains are made and successful outcomes are achieved.
- Assist all Career Coaches by developing a diverse menu of employment related opportunities within the local community by actively networking and utilizing other creative marketing strategies.
- Develop opportunities based on individual participant needs or as part of an employer-based Customized Training effort.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS and NHEP.
- Attend regular networking and partner meetings as assigned.
- Become proficient with traditional employment resources as assigned.
- Learn the State of NH New Heights system for any reporting and participant documentation.
- Ability to regularly meet and/or exceed predetermined placement goals.
- Prepare reports and documentation as requested.
- Learn and understand the Neoserra CRM system as a job development outreach tool and resource guide.
- Maintain knowledge of all SNHS programs and gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the participant and his/her family.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of local and statewide social services.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel on a frequent basis.
- Developing employment opportunities for program participants.
- Individual or group program participant instruction.
- Self-starter that is motivated to meet or exceed placement goals.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university with major study in Marketing, Human Resources, Business or Program Management, or related field is preferred although not required.
- Equivalent professional work experience in marketing, or job development process will be considered.
- A combination of education and experience that demonstrates an ability to fulfill the duties of the NHEP WPS Job Developer will also be considered.
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional work experience in sales, counseling, social services or business involving career counseling, employee development, social work, or human resources.
- Experience and/or a strong familiarity in assisting individuals in finding employment.
- The principals and methods of assessment and career counseling theories and methods.
- Working with low-income populations or hard-to-serve individuals.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer