The Assistant to the Center Director assists in overseeing the daily operations, management, and quality child care of the Child Care Center to which she/he is assigned. The Center Director Assistant is responsible for the daily operations, management, and quality child care of the Center in the absence of the Center Director.
This position is 40hrs/52 wks
SUPERVISION: Has oversight responsibilities for all staff in the absence of the Center Director.
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Center Director and the general supervision of the Child Development Operations Manager
1. Assist the Center Director in maintaining a Quality Child Care Program that is in compliance with NAEYC and Head Start Performance Standards and with enforcing all Center policies and procedures in compliance with Child Care Licensing Standards and the SNHS, Inc. Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct.
2. Provide leadership and direction in planning for the training, development, and mentorship of all staff in order to meet or exceed requirements, and as a means of insuring quality experiences for infants/toddlers, preschoolers, and their families.
3. Create and provide a pleasant work environment and team atmosphere for staff in collaboration with the Center Director.
4. Responsible for assisting the Center Director in the daily operation and management of the Center, as assigned, including, but not limited to the following functions:
- ·Maintaining and monitoring the center waiting list in conjunction with Center Director and ERSEA Coordinator, assuring 100% enrollment.
- Enrollment of center vacancies including the completion of all related paperwork and documentation; in a timely manner and always prior to the start date.
- Maintaining staff-child ratios including staff scheduling and classroom coverage.
- Timely and accurate completion of work performance documentation of all staff including; but not limited to, new staff orientation, training and professional development.
- Ensure the maintenance of a safe, healthy learning environment including the completion of center safety checklists and monthly site update reports for review with the Operations Manager.
- Support the timely submittal of ADP payroll and weekly/monthly paperwork requirements.
- Support the implementation of Emergency Preparedness Procedures.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
The candidate will have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education; Bachelor’s degree with Early Childhood Education credentials; qualification as center director for NH CCLU is preferred.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer