Provides program orientation, assessment, counseling and case management services to Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act program participants in 12 NH Works job centers statewide as needed: providing information about and linkage to the full range of services available through WIOA and other NH Works programs; orienting customers to and enrolling them in the WIOA Program; working individually with WIOA Adult participants to develop individualized training and reemployment plans that meet individual needs; and providing job placement services leading to successful employment outcomes and retention.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Supervision will be provided by Statewide Program Manager and general supervision from the Director of Workforce Development.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
- Conduct customer orientation, intake, and eligibility determination.
- Provide a full assessment of customers’ skills, aptitudes and barriers using a variety of tools and tests.
- Work with participants on the development of an individual employment plan based upon customer’s unique skills, interests, needs, and abilities.
- Provide individualized Job Placement assistance.
- Provide ongoing career counseling and case management services ensuring regular contact at a minimum of every 30 days.
- Conduct client-tracking functions including timely and accurate on-going data entry of customer information into the case management system.
- Maintain contact and provide follow-up activities for all exited participants.
- Other duties as assigned by Statewide Program Manager
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past and prospective clients and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Will abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Will present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all local SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Dependability, reliability, and flexibility.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel, internet search & E-mail.
- Ability to administer and interpret assessment tools.
- Effective communicator, including written, oral and public speaking for conducting workshops as needed.
- Creative thinking, problem-solving, & decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team to ensure maximum level of coordinated services that benefit the customer, are achieved.
- Knowledge of professional ethics, including confidentiality policy.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree in Human Services, Education, Business Administration or other related field, and 3 years of employment counseling and case management experience and 2 years of experience in recruiting candidate, marketing to employers, job development with demonstrated placement success. An equivalent combination of education and experience demonstrating the skills, knowledge, and ability required for this position may substitute for degree.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Education, Business Administration or other related field, and 5 years of employment counseling and case management experience and 3 years of experience in recruiting candidate, marketing to employers, job development with demonstrated placement success. Workforce development experience; including knowledge of USDOL regulations, case management, career planning, job development, labor market information.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer