Provides program orientation, assessment, counseling and case management services to Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program participants in 12 NH Works job centers statewide as needed: providing information about the full range of services available through WIOA and other NH Works programs; working with WIOA Adult participants to develop individualized training and reemployment plans that meet individual needs; and providing job placement services leading to successful employment outcomes and long term retention. Provide professional job placement services and access to job opportunities that offers self-sustaining wages and growth potential. Conduct business outreach activities, including cold calls, for the purpose of matching workers with employers. Negotiate and execute targeted number of On-the-Job (OJT) training contracts with employers.
Received: Supervision will be provided by Statewide Program Manager.
- Provide statewide coverage as needed to fill staffing gaps, assist offices experiencing a high volume of activity.
- Conduct ongoing business outreach for the purpose of matching workers with employers for On-the-Job Training opportunities.
- Actively work with educational institutes to identify upcoming and in-demand training opportunities that can be shared with participants and partner programs alike.
- Attend business- led meeting/functions (e.g., Chamber of Commerce meetings, breakfast forums, etc.) for the purpose of marketing workers to prospective employers.
- Educate employers on the various incentive and tax relief options available.
- Conduct customer orientation, intake, and eligibility determination.
- Conduct client-tracking functions including timely and accurate on-going data entry of customer information into the WIOA case management system.
- Provide a full assessment of customers’ skills, aptitudes and barriers using a variety of tools and tests.
- Work with participants to develop an individual employment plan based upon customer’s unique needs, interests and abilities including assessing the need and justification for training.
- Provide individualized Job Placement assistance leading to successful employment outcomes.
- Provide information on and arrange for Support Services based on the participant needs.
- Conduct required follow-up activities for exited participants per policy.
- Participate in job related training opportunities including cross training for other staff.
- Become familiar with and refer customers to appropriate community resources.
- Other duties as assigned by Statewide Program Manager and/or WIOA Administrator.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past and prospective clients and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Will abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Will present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all local SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Education, Business Administration or Marketing, and 3 years of employment counseling and case management experience and 3 years of experience in recruiting candidate, marketing to employers, job development with demonstrated placement success. An equivalent combination of education and experience demonstrating the skills, knowledge, and ability required for this position may substitute for degree.
OPTIONAL CONSIDERATION: Associate's degree from an approved college or university with a major study in social work, psychology, education, human services, sociology, counseling, behavioral science or a related field. Three (3) years’ experience in, social work, counseling, family services, education, staff training, workforce development, employment counseling, recruitment, or human resources or a combination of education and experience.
LICENSE: Possession of a valid New Hampshire driver's license and/or have access to transportation for statewide travel. Willingness to travel to/from NH Works Offices for coverage assignments as required.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work in an integrated service delivery environment.
- Strong marketing and outreach skills.
- Experience working with employers, private and public educational institutions, and/or re-employment agencies.
- Dependability, reliability, and flexibility in performing required statewide coverage and assuming varied assignments and projects as needed.
- Experience working with target populations (i.e. ESOL, veterans, low income, etc.)
- Experience with administering and interpreting assessment tools.
- Workforce development experience; including knowledge of USDOL regulations, case management, career planning, customer service, job development, labor market information.
- Experience in providing employment counseling services.
- Effective communicator, including written, oral and public speaking for conducting workshops as needed.
- Creative thinking, problem-solving, & decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team (both internally and in the community) to ensure maximum level of coordinated services that benefit the customer, are achieved.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel, internet search & E-mail.
- Knowledge of professional ethics, including confidentiality policy.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer