The incumbent of this position is responsible for opening the building for the ENA class site using an alarm system, greeting students, and closing the building if ENA is the only organization in the building. The individual will also assist the Program Coordinator, teachers, volunteers, and students as needed. Hours 5:30 to 8:45 pm, Monday through Thursdays
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Program Manager
Exercised: Volunteers, as needed.
- Assist in managing night student volunteers and community volunteers assisting in these classes.
- Assist ENA director and teachers with administrative tasks such as phone inquiries, registration, testing, filing, and record-keeping.
- Assist teachers in ESOL and Citizenship classes as needed (may involve 1:1 or small group work with students needing extra attention)
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to relate and communicate well with people from varying cultures and with limited English ability; past experience with refugees and immigrants a plus.
- Interest in, and aptitude for, working in small groups within a classroom. Experience with ESOL students preferred.
- Ability to help students with computer skills during class time.
- Ability to learn and help in maintaining and updating student laptops and chrome books.
- Ability to learn new procedures and protocols for the ENA program.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems as they arise.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Office experience, using a copier and maintaining accurate records.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer