The incumbent of this position is responsible for providing housing stability services to families and individuals participating in the Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) program. These services will include assisting people with the ERA application process as needed, as well as developing the skills necessary to remain stably housed and avoid financial crises. Effective case management and coordinated service delivery with other SNHS programs and partner agencies are critical to the success of these efforts.
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Housing Stability Supervisor.
- Assist people with the ERA application and recertification processes as needed;
- Conduct initial assessment with client based on input from referring Family Resource Specialist;
- Provide counseling including the areas of fair housing, financial management, budgeting, tenants’ rights and housing search, if necessary;
- Provide case management services related to housing stability including referrals to and help with completing applications for services offered by the SNHS and Department of Health and Human Services;
- Make appropriate referrals NH Legal Assistance as necessary;
- Assist people engaged in the court system with eviction proceedings or other housing-related issues by providing support and documentation as needed;
- Conduct outreach and application assistance on-site at court eviction proceedings;
- Coordinate with community partners in providing housing-related services for survivors of domestic abuse or human trafficking, individuals with disabilities or seniors;
- Ensure that all data relative to services being delivered is entered into the appropriate system(s) in an accurate and timely manner;
- Reassess periodically during the engagement process and determine the need for and level of continuing services;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field
- Experience working with low-income families in a case management setting
- Knowledge of social service system
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer