- Nursing home needs volunteers to help residents with activities such as: crafts, bingo, pokeno, cards, etc. as well as help setting up and cleaning up after activities.
- Bingo Caller for seniors: needs a happy, strong voice
- Cards or Board Games: volunteer to teach and play games with residents
- Book on Tape Club: Seeking and individual to organize the club and conduct a discussion on the tape being read on Monday and Wednesday
American Red Cross
- Fundraising Event Coordinator to organize special fundraising events in the territory of the NH Gateway Chapter.
- Front Desk Administrator to assist the Red Cross in delivering its mission by providing clerical skills in assigned department.
- Information Distributor to widely distribute information about the NH Gateway Chapter of the American Red Cross.
- First Aid Team Volunteer to provide medical support to local community events and functions.
- Health and Safety Sales and Marketing Consultant to assist in the promotion of Red Cross Health and Safety courses and the sales of AED’s (Automatic External Defibrillator) within the community.
- Services to the Armed Forces Volunteer to be part of the Red Cross Global network that provides critical services to Military Personnel and their families.
- Health& Safety Volunteer Instructor to instruct American Red Cross CPR/FA/AED classes to community groups at the American Red Cross building and/or at community or corporate sites.
- Job Search and Placement Mentor to assist LNA students in finding and securing a job after course completion.
- LNA Lab Assistant to keep LNA lab in useable conditions which will enable LNA students to learn.
- LNA Clerical Assistant to ensure the maintenance and organization of LNA program records.
- LNA Lab Mentor to assist LNA students in learning basic nursing skills in a clinical setting to better serve the community.
- Red Cross Club Advisor to be a mentor and advisor to the American Red Cross clubs in the NH Gateway Chapter area to facilitate growth and development of the youth program.
- Animal companions needed to read to the animals, interact with them and spend quality time with them.
- Volunteer needed to socialize animals, to walk dogs, to clean kennels, and to help staff with miscellaneous duties.
Arts & Crafts
- Boys & Girls club needs volunteers to teach children ages 8-12 how to do different art projects as well as volunteers to teach 12-15 children ages 8-12 how to knit and crochet.
- Isle at Ledgewood would like someone to conduct an Arts & Crafts class or a Woodworking class.
- The Plus Company, Inc. needs a craft instructor to work with 10-12 adults with developmental disabilities in a relaxed atmosphere.
Bill Payer Program
- Volunteer needed to assist seniors and disabled adults in managing their monthly income and expenditures. Help with paperwork related to bill paying and write checks for the client’s signature. This position requires a background check and training for the volunteer will be provided.
- Volunteer wanted to review bill payer monthly reports to compare the volunteer’s monthly reports with the client’s bank statements at least every three months. A background check is required and training is provided.
Canteen at Blood Drives
- Need a Canteen Registration Volunteer to register donors when they come to a drive
- Need Canteen Observers and Servers to prepare and serve refreshments to the donor, clear and fix tables, and watch for any reactions donors may have
- Kindergarten/After School Volunteer needed to assist staff with children playing games, doing arts & crafts, and doing homework
- Play Group Coordinator for 2 yr old children with developmental delays needed to assist organization of a group & supervise volunteers and children; toys and good space provided; 1 volunteer in charge of 3 others
- American Red Cross needs volunteers to help with mailings.
- Boys & Girls Club needs volunteers to help with light filing and data entry.
- Bridges needs an office assistant to help with miscellaneous duties including answering the phone, making copies, bulk mailings, organizing literature and organizing donations.
- Greater Nashua Chamber of Commerce needs office help entering names & addresses onto a disc, looking up zip codes, putting together booklets and getting them ready for mailing.
- Habitat for Humanity needs a Newspaper Clipper to gather articles about Habitat from local papers.
- Nashua Historical Society needs help with basic clerical skills, answering the phone and the door.
- Neighborhhod Housing Services of Greater Nashua is looking for volunteers to do Administrative Assistant duties: answer telephone, filing, use word processing to prepare reports and correspondence from rough copy, compile computer generated data bases using access and excel, and operate duplicating equipment and other standard office machines.
- Peabody Mill Environment Center needs data entry help for visitor contact information and maintaining current data.
- Plus Co. Inc. needs volunteer to organize, file, and prepare books.
- Rivier College is looking for an Administrative Assistant.
- St Joseph Community Services needs a clerical worker to help with mailings, filing, and special projects.
- St Joseph’s Hospital needs clerical assistance in the Oncology Dept., the Laboratory, and the Cardiovascular Center.
Upper Room Ministries needs someone to unload bags and boxes of items donated to determine what is usable and then put in the proper area for clients.
Computer Skills & Support
Gateways Community Services needs an experienced computer programmer familiar with SQL, using SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio V5. Knowledge of basic data base structure and programming understanding are necessary. Several basic reports need to be written. In addition, hopefully this person will be willing to do these reports and mentor 1 or 2 Gateways staff members in learning to work with this program.
Upper Room Ministries needs help with data entry
NH Healthy Kids needs volunteers to provide information to clients and help with applications for free or low cost health insurance for children.
Day Away Assistant
A patient and compassionate volunteer is needed to work closely with persons with dementias in a supportive day care program.
- Caregivers Inc. is looking for volunteers to drive seniors to medical appointments and/or the grocery store.
- Driver needed to drive students with disabilities to the Adult Literacy Program at Rivier College. Automobile insurance and a criminal background check are required.
- Caregivers of Greater Nashua needs a driver to transport the elderly and disabled to appointments, and to help with grocery shopping.
- St. Joseph Community Services in Merrimack is looking for volunteers to assist in packaging Meals on Wheels for home delivery and/or serving lunch.
- SNHS Commodity Supplemental Food Program Check-Out: Needs a volunteer to obtain signatures of Commodity Supplemental Food Program participants and to maintain a clean and orderly shopping area.
- SNHS Community Health and Nutritious Services Office Assistant: Needs a volunteer to answer and make client phone calls, retrieve phone messages, and file paperwork.
- St John Neumann needs several volunteers to help in the food pantry on Fridays. They cannot keep their doors open without help.
- Upper Room Ministries needs assistance in giving food out to clients to make sure all clients are treated fairly. Food area must be kept clean.
- Cook: to cook breakfast twice a month for blood donors.
- Snack helpers: to prepare snacks for 95 girls and to clean up the kitchen.
- Someone who works comfortably with the disabled is needed to help serve lunch and snacks and do clean up afterwards.
- Nashua Soup Kitchen: Daytime Kitchen Assistant to work 1-2hrs, 4 days a week.
- Commodity Foods: needs volunteers to help pack food boxes and assist with the daily operations of the Summer feeding program
- Meals on Wheels: set-up, packaging meals for delivery, and washing pots & pans.
- St Joseph Community Services: kitchen helper, packaging food for shut-ins, meal delivery, serving congregate meals
- Nursing home is looking for a cribbage player to visit once or twice a week.
- Nursing homes need friendly visitors for 1-on-1 in rooms or at activities. Flexible days and hours. Contact RSVP office for more information.
- Milford Assisted Living and Memory Care Community looking for a friendly visitor evenings or weekends to read, play cards or board games. Call RSVP office for more information.
- Local Conservation Non-profit: Assistant needed to help with a Native American Garden.
- Local Conservation Non-profit: Helpers needed in maintaining 12 themed gardens.
- American Red Cross: needs front desk greeters; need volunteers to greet participants in Health & Safely class, give out orientation material
- Peabody Mill Environment Center: greet visitors, register them for course/events, and answer questions. Help needed on weekends.
- Southern NH Medical Center: needs friendly greeters
- St. Joseph Hospital : meet & greet patients and keep waiting area orderly
- St. Joseph Community Services: volunteers to greet people and answer phones
Help with “fix-it” projects by doing minor home repairs for people over 60 who need some help with these tasks.
- Campsite: clean and wash cookhouse and cabins
- Upper Room Ministries needs a Guest Room Supervisor to help put newly donated clothing items out on racks and to keep racks neat. Supervisor would also keep the food and beverage area clean and stocked.
- Local Public Library needs helpers in various categories. Contact the RSVP office for further information.
- YMCA of Greater Nashua: help with mailings
- Big Brother Big Sisters of Greater Nashua is looking for several volunteers to take part in a 1:1 mentoring relationship between a caring, committed volunteer and a child who is in need of a positive role model & friend.
- The Plus Company, Inc. is looking for several volunteers to assist developmentally disabled clients with basic quilting projects. Volunteers are also needed to work 1:1 with clients on other various craft class projects.
- Assisted Living Facility: facilitate a sing-a-long
- Facilitator needed to discuss issues with developmental delays in young children
- Advocate needed to answer 24-hour support line calls and offer support to clients in abusive or otherwise threatening situations
- Bi-Lingual Reception Assistant: assist with Spanish speaking callers at a community agency
Volunteer needed to process paperwork for those receiving prescription assistance. Duties also include data entry into the computer, and making phone calls to physicians and drug companies.
Readers and Tutors
- Boys & Girls Club is looking for volunteers to read books with children ages 8-12.
- Peabody Mill Environmental Center – teachers wanted for environmental/science programs
Like History? Nashua Historical Society looking for a receptionist
Beaver Brook Assoc.- Coordinator to assist the Fundraising Committee with a September event
- American Red Cross – Children’s Safety Instructor for 10-12 children between the ages of 5-8 and 8-12
- American Red Cross needs volunteers to instruct senior citizens about what to do before, during, and after a disaster
- Volunteers needed to assist children with reading, and with individual/small group learning activities
- Helper needed to assist teacher in setting up for activities for children from 2-5 years old.
145 Ledge Street
Nashua, NH 03060