Southern New Hampshire Services, Inc.
Toll-Free 1.800.322.1073
(603) 668-8010

Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

WIC  (Women, Infants and Children) makes sure that your family has what they need to live a healthy life.

WIC provides you with basic, healthy foods to assure that your family is getting the nutrition they need. Foods such as milk, cheese, eggs, juice, peanut butter, and cereal are available for your family. In October of 2009 new foods such as fruits and vegetables, whole grain breads and cereals, and soy options became available.

But that’s not all. The WIC Program also provides nutrition, breastfeeding, and health education as well as other services for pregnant women, new mothers, infants and children up to the age of five.

WIC is for all kinds of families: married and single parents, working or not working. If you are a father, mother, grandparent, foster parent, or other legal guardian of a child under five, you can apply for WIC.

Nutrition Education  Nutrition Education

We’ll show you how to make healthy, affordable meals for your family with nutrition tips and recipes.

Prenatal Nutrition

Prenatal Nutrition

We help in giving your baby a healthy start. Through our prenatal education and food vouchers, we can help feed your baby long before delivery.

Health Care Referrals Health Care Referrals

We want you to have the medical help you need. Get referrals for immunizations, health care and other programs like Medicaid and Healthy Kids.



Breastfeeding is the healthiest way to feed your new baby. We offer breastfeeding support, education and counseling.

Nutrition CounselingNutrition Counseling

Parents often worry about their child’s eating habits. Our WIC nutritionists can give you advice for all of your nutritional concerns.

Health Screening

Tracking your child’s growth will help you understand their health  and development.


The Food and Nutrition Service, USDA, provides the following 185% Income Poverty Guidelines, effective April l, 2015 to June 30, 2016:

Family Size
Annual Monthly Weekly
1 $21,775 $1,815 $419
2 $29,471 $2,456 $567
3 $37,167 $3,098 $715
4 $44,863 $3,739 $863
5 $52,559 $4,380 $1,011
6 $60,255 $5,022 $1,159
7 $67,951 $5,663 $1,307
8 $75,647 $6,304 $1,455
For each additional family member add: $7,696 $642 $148

Check the income guidelines to see if you qualify for WIC. If your household’s total gross income is less than or equal to the amount listed you may be eligible. (Note: if you are pregnant, add one person to the size of your household.)

For more information or to schedule an appointment, call your local WIC office.

SNHS is the local WIC agency for Hillsborough County.

Greater Manchester Communities, call

1 (800) 256-9880

Greater Nashua Communities, call

1 (877) 211-0723

You can also contact the state agency:

Call: 1 (800) WIC-4321 or 1 (800) 942-4321

Or visit:

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal and, where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or if all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities and wish to file either an EEO or program complaint please contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish).

Persons with disabilities who wish to file a program complaint, please see information above on how to contact us by mail directly or by email. If you require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) please contact USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.