Southern New Hampshire Services, Inc.
Toll-Free 1.800.322.1073
(603) 668-8010

The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)

Food pantries, homeless shelters, soup kitchens and non-profit charitable organizations throughout Hillsborough County stock their shelves and feed their clientele with commodities from The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP). We regularly distribute thousands of pounds of food right from our warehouse docks.

The types of foods USDA purchases for TEFAP vary depending on the preferences of States and agricultural market conditions. Items like canned vegetables, fruit juice, meat/poultry/fish, pasta products, milk, cereals and soups are shipped to New Hampshire by the USDA for us to distribute to those in need. At this time we serve 25 food pantries, 2 soup kitchens, 3 homeless shelters, and 6 charitable institutions participate in TEFAP and benefit from the quarterly and bonus food distributions.


USDA Nondiscrimination Statement:
The explains what to do if you believe you have been treated unfairly.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights legislation and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program of activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)             Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)              Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)              Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.