Southern New Hampshire Services, Inc.
Toll-Free 1.800.322.1073
(603) 668-8010

Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)

The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) provides nutritious foods to seniors 60 years of age or older. CSFP foods are purchased by the US Department of Agriculture from national manufacturers, and are the same quality of name brand foods.
Nutrition education and useful recipes are available to help plan meals using CSFP commodities.

Healthy New Hampshire

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Who is eligible for CSFP?
Seniors 60 years and older.

Q: What foods will I receive through CSFP?
Sample Commodity FoodsA:
You will receive a variety of foods each month, including a combination of the following:

  • Canned meat: beef, chicken, pork, or tuna
  • Canned fruit: peaches, pears, etc.
  • Canned vegetables: carrots, corn, etc.
  • Canned fruit juices: orange juice, apple juice, etc.
  • Evaporated Milk
  • Non-fat powdered milk
  • Cereals
  • Macaroni, spaghetti, rice, or dehydrated potatoes
  • Peanut butter
  • Cheese
  • Other foods when available

Foods vary each month.

Q: How do I qualify?
You must live in New Hampshire and your gross household income must meet the income eligibility guidelines for the program.

The Food and Nutrition Service, USDA, provides the following 130% Income Poverty Guidelines, effective April 1, 2011 to June 30, 2016:

Family Size
Annual Monthly Weekly
1 $15,301 $1,276 $295
2 $20,709 $1,726 $399
3 $26,117 $2,177 $503
4 $31,525 $2,628 $607
5 $36,933 $3,078 $711
6 $42,341 $3,529 $815
7 $47,749 $3,980 $919
8 $53,157 $4,430 $1,023
For each additional family member add: $5,408 $451 $104

Check the income guidelines to see if you qualify for CSFP. If your household’s total gross income is less than or equal to the amount listed, you may be eligible.

The Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Program

The Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Program provides an enhancement to the Southern NH Services, Inc. CSFP food package. In addition to the USDA commodities, each month SNHS participants also receive fresh produce to bring home to their families.CSFP participants receive onions at NH Food Bank

FF&V receives produce from many different locations including but not limited to: The New Hampshire Food Bank, growers from the Community Gardens Project, and private local donations. Common items include:

  • Lettuce
  • Carrots
  • Tomatoes
  • Potatoes
  • Peppers
  • Bananas
  • Apples
  • Pumpkins

For more information or to schedule an appointment, call your local CSFP office.

SNHS is the local CSFP agency for Hillsborough County.

Greater Manchester Communities, call

1 (800) 256-9880

Greater Nashua Communities, call

1 (877) 211-0723

You can also contact the state agency:
Call: 1 (800) WIC-4321 or 1 (800) 942-4321
Or visit:

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal and, where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or if all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities and wish to file either an EEO or program complaint please contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish).

Persons with disabilities who wish to file a program complaint, please see information above on how to contact us by mail directly or by email. If you require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) please contact USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.