Senior Education Workshops
The Senior Education Workshop program offers a series of free monthly programs targeted to the senior population in Greater Nashua.
Topics for previous workshops have included “how to talk to your doctor,” “getting back into exercise,” “getting rid of the clutter while keeping the memories,” “car care,” issues in elderly law” and “preparing for an emergency.”
Those attending the workshops are invited to come early and enjoy a congregate meal provided by St. Joseph Community Services (Meals on Wheels).
The program is a partnership with the Nashua Public Library, Nashua Senior Activity Center, ServiceLink and the NH Department of Health & Human Services-Bureau of Elderly and Adult Services.
- The programs are targeted to seniors, but open to all
- The free workshops are held at the Nashua Senior Activity Center, 70 Temple St., Nashua
- Workshops are held on the second Monday of each month and begin at 1:00pm.
- Workshop topics are those of interest to the aging population.
- Programs are filmed and broadcast on local Educational TV station, Comcast Channel 99.
- Filmed programs are also available on the internet via the City of Nashua website: www.nashuanh.gov.
Contact the Senior Education Workshop Program at (603) 889-3440 x 132 for more information.