For more than 23 years SNHS has provided a handicapped-accessible van for use in the western area of Hillsborough County to provide transportation for the area’s for low-income, elderly, and handicapped individuals.
Arranging for simple trips to the grocery store, pharmacy or doctor’s office is a major issue for members of this population in the rural western part of Hillsborough County. The van is stationed at our Greenville Falls elderly housing complex.
The program, staffed primarily by volunteer drivers, enables elderly and disabled individuals to keep important appointments, perform routine tasks just as shopping, and stay connected with their community.
- Program requires advanced sign-ups for rides
- Riders are provided on a space available basis.
- Services are provided Monday-Friday; hours vary based on availability of volunteer drivers
- Those requesting transportation must come to the Roland A. Philbrick Elderly Housing at Greenville, 56 Main St., Greenville, or call the office to make special arrangements.
- Services are provided to those meeting senior housing age and income eligibility guidelines, except in cases of disabled adults.
- Van services the Greenville, NH area
Contact the Rural Transportation Program at (603) 878-3364 for more information.