Summer Food Program announces 2016 locations and hours
Youth age 18 and under will enjoy free meals again this summer through the Summer Food Service Program coordinated by Southern New Hampshire Services.
Sites located in five cities or towns in Hillsborough and Rockingham Counties will provide free meals to local youth. All meals are prepared following USDA guidelines.
Breakfast, lunch and/or supper meals are available at the designated locations.
Any child under age 18 may come to eat. There is no registration and identification is not required.
The meals are provided at no charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. Meals must be consumed on site.
Southern New Hampshire Services has been sponsoring the Summer Food Services Program for 14 years. SFSP helps to ensure that at-risk youth eat at least one nutritious meal each day when school lunch programs close for the summer. The program is vital to supporting mental and physical development so that children do not lose ground while out of school.
SFSP also employs local college age youth - many whom were SFSP participants in the past. The work experience teaches them valuable transferable employment skills and provides them with the opportunity to give back and stay connected to their community.
2016 Summer Food Service Program Information
(Meals will not be served on Monday, July 4)
ManchesterFree meals served Monday through Friday from Friday, June 10 until Friday, September 2.
- Elmwood Gardens Apartments. 9:00-10:00am (83 Trahan St.)
- Sweeney Park. 11:15-11:45am (132 Walker St.)
- Elmwood Gardens Apartments. 12:00-1:00pm (83 Trahan St.)
- Center Park/Beech Hill Apartments. 12:30-1:00pm (22 Beech Hill St.)
- Hunt Memorial Pool. 12:15-2:15pm (279 Maple St.)
- Rock Rimmon/DuPont Pool. 12:45-1:45pm (207 Mason St.)
- Harriman Park. 11:30am-12:00pm (Lake Ave.)
- Manchester Garden Apartments. 12:15-1:00pm (114 Garden Dr.)
- Maple Street Apartments. 4:15-4:45pm (183-199 Maple St.)
- Adventure Park. 4:30-5:15pm (324-300 Union St.)
- Kelly Falls Apartments. 5:15-5:45pm (463 Kimball St.)
- Beech Hill Apartments. 5:30-6:00pm (120 Beech Hill Ave.)
- Beech Street School Park. 6:00-6:30pm (333 Beech St.)
NashuaFree meals served Monday through Friday from Wednesday, June 22 until Monday, August 29.
- Centennial Pool. 11:45am-12:45pm (22 Sargents Ave.)
- Bronstein Apartments. 12:00-12:30pm (41 Central St.)
- Lyons Field. 12:00-1:00pm (50 Allds St.)
DerryFree meals served Monday through Friday starting Monday, June 13 through Tuesday, August 30.
- Pinkerton Academy. (Aug 10-26). 11:30am-12:30pm (1 Pinkerton Ave.)
- Fairways Apartments. (RESIDENTS ONLY). 12:00-12:30pm (1 Forest Ridge Rd.)
- Franklin Village Apartments. 12:45-1:15pm (4 Laraway Ct.)
PortsmouthFree meals served Monday through Friday from Tuesday, June 21 until Friday, August 26.
- Green Leaf Recreation Center. 12:00-12:30pm (195 Greenleaf Ave.)
SeabrookFree meals served Monday through Friday from Monday, June 27 until Wednesday, August 17.
Seabrook Parks & Recreation. (311 Lafayette Rd.)
- Breakfast: 8:30-9:30am
- Lunch: 11:30am-12:30pm