Summer Food Service Programs announces locations and hours for 2015
SNHS Summer Food Service Program: Free meals for youth 18 and under!
Youth age 18 and under will enjoy free meals again this summer through the Summer Food Service Program coordinated by Southern New Hampshire Services in two New Hampshire counties.
Fourteen sites located in four cities or towns in Hillsborough and Rockingham Counties will provide free meals to local youth. All meals are prepared following USDA guidelines.
Any child under the age of 18 may come to eat. There is no registration and identification is not required.
The meals are provided at no charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex age or disability. Meals must be consumed on site.
Meals are available at open site locations for the duration of school summer break or during structured summer programming. Breakfast, Lunch and Supper meals are available at the designated locations.
Each year, the U.S. Department of Agriculture partners with local organizations like Southern New Hampshire Services to provide free meals to children when school is out for the summer. Southern New Hampshire Services has been sponsoring the Summer Food Services Program for 13 years. SFSP helps to ensure that at-risk youth eat at least one nutritious meal each day when school lunch programs close for the summer. The program is vital to supporting mental and physical development so that children do not lose ground while out of school.
SFSP also employs local college age youth - many whom were SFSP participants in the past. The work experience teaches them valuable transferable employment skills and provide them with the opportunity to give back and stay connected to their community.
2015 Summer Food Service Program Information
ManchesterFree meals served Monday through Friday from Thursday, June 18 until Tuesday, September 1. Meals will not be served July 3rd.
- Elmwood Gardens Apartments. 9:00-10:00am (83 Trahan St.)
- Elmwood Gardens Apartments. 12:15-1:15pm (83 Trahan St.)
- Hunt Memorial Pool. 1:30-2:30pm (297 Maple St.)
- Beech Hill Apartments. (120 Beech Hill Ave.)
- Adventure Park. 4:30-5:30pm (324-300 Union St.)
- Kelly Falls Apartments. 4:45-5:15pm (463 Kimball St.)
- Beech Street School. 5:45-6:15pm (275 Beech St.)
- Sweeney Park. 6:30-7:00pm (132 Walker St.)
NashuaFree meals served Monday through Friday from Tuesday, June 23 until Monday, August 31. Meals will not be served July 3rd.
- Bronstein Apartments. 1:15-1:45pm (41 Central St.)
- Centennial Pool 2:00-2:30pm (22 Sargents Ave.)
DerryFree meals served Monday through Friday starting Thursday, June 18 through Tuesday, August 25. Meals will not be served July 3rd.
- Fairways Apartments (RESIDENTS ONLY) 4:15-5:00pm (1 Forest Ridge Rd.)
- Franklin Village Apartments 5:15-5:45pm (4 Laraway Ct.)
- Hood Park 6:00-6:30pm (14 Rollins St.)
PortsmouthFree meals served Monday through Friday from Monday, June 22 until Friday, August 28. Meals will not be served July 3rd.
- Green Leaf Recreation Center. 12:00-1:00pm (195 Greenleaf Ave.)
- Gosling Meadows Apartments. 12:00-1:00pm (Gosling Road)
USDA is an Equal Opportunity provider and employer