This position helps to facilitate visitors’ experience at SEE by greeting them, collecting admission, and acting as cashier in the gift shop. The incumbent will also answer the telephone, route calls and provide general information to callers. Some clerical tasks and assistance in facilitating large group visits will be required.
Associate works under the indirect supervision of the Program Manager who assigns workloads and provides policy and procedural guidance on a regular basis.
Examples of Duties:
- Greet all guests promptly and in a friendly manner
- Collect appropriate admission
- Answer general questions about SEE
- Answer the telephone, route calls, take messages, answer inquiries
- Act as cashier in the gift shop
- Stock gift shop shelves
- Perform demonstrations as needed
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in front area of Science Center
- Perform various other cleaning duties when Center is slow
- Assist with clerical duties as needed
- Assist in turning on/off exhibits
- Perform other duties as required
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well with the public /all ages and backgrounds and be comfortable in crowded situations while communicating effectively
- Perform several tasks at once under distracting circumstances
- Well groomed, clean and presentable
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time as well as stoop, bend and climb stairs
- Ability to lift 35 pounds
- Interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) a plusSuggested Training/ExperienceIncumbent in this class will have a high school degree or equivalent. Experience operating a cash register and telephone system and experience dealing with the public is necessary.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer