The incumbent of this position is responsible for the day-to-day activities of managing an elderly housing complex, to include program compliance and quality assurance. The position is responsible for managing resident relations and interactions, and oversight of property maintenance in accordance with HUD/REAC building standards and compliance.
Works under the direct supervision of the Housing Director and general supervision of the Chief Operating Officer.
Individual provides general supervision to the staff of the housing site(s).
- Bachelor’s Degree. Experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- The individual should have a working knowledge of federal, state and local program rules and regulations (i.e. HUD);
- Experience with financial records including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, and must be proficient in Microsoft Office and rental software;
- Experience supervising staff, and the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Sensitivity to the needs of the elderly and individuals from diverse social, cultural and economic backgrounds;
- Knowledge of local/regional housing and social service resources;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Experience with property maintenance is a plus.
- Ensures conformance with all local, state and federal statutes, policies, regulations and guidelines, including but not limited to HUD 4350.3, Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) and Fair Housing regulations;
- Manages tenant relations and concerns which may arise on a day-to-day basis. Conducts tenant certifications, selections and re-certifications while meeting income eligibility requirements and quality assurance standards;
- Responsible for new rent-ups and the execution of leases, unit turnovers and collections of charges from tenants;
- Prepares all required mandatory reports in an accurate and timely manner;
- Purchases supplies and equipment as needed to maintain efficient running of the sites;
- Ensures all property work orders, unit inventories and preventative maintenance are accurate and processed in a timely manner.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer