The Summer Food Service (SFSP) is designed to keep kids connected to food and nutrition over the summer months when school lunch programs are not in service. The SFSP Worker is responsible for food deliveries and meal distribution activities to designated sites. This position may work as part of a two or more person team or independently based upon the need of a given site location and or the SFSP daily staffing schedule.
Works under the direct supervision of the Summer Food Service Program Coordinator, under the general supervision of the Community Outreach Director, and has accountability to the SFSP Monitor.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift/carry/move heavy items up to 50 pounds.
- The ability to work well with others in a cooperative and respectful manner; ability to comply with schedule and job responsibilities; ability to work as a member of a team or independently.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and proof of Insurance.
- Must have a vehicle of adequate size to transport large coolers. Responsibilities:
- Will attend mandatory SFSP training prior to facilitating food service activities and will strive to meet or exceeds state and federal expectations mandated, at all times.
- Has responsibility to transport food and coolers to food sites on time, and facilitate meal distribution activities as assigned.
- Assist with food preparation and cleanup. Assists in the storage of deliveries of food and related kitchen supplies.
- Responsible for verifying meal counts in the coolers prior to the start of a meal.
- When facilitating meal distribution activities at a site, the worker records a daily meal count sheet for that site and records temperatures of food storage equipment.
- As assigned, facilitates meal distribution to participants, completes all paperwork, and ensures SFSP site cleanup in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
- Will wash and properly care for the food delivery equipment.
- Will maintain personal hygiene and cleanliness in accordance with state and local health, safety and sanitation regulations.
- Shares in all aspects of the Summer Food Service Program tasks as needed.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer