The Summer Food Service (SFSP) is designed to keep kids connected to food and nutrition over the summer months when school lunch programs are not in service. The Kitchen Technician is responsible for planning the SFSP menu with guidance from SFSP Coordinator and the Community Outreach Director. Additionally the Kitchen Technician is responsible for ordering all SFSP approved food items needed to meet the demands of the daily meal services schedule, as well as planning and preparing all USDA mandated food components of the meal in a timely manner that meets the demands of the SFSP daily delivery schedule.
Works under the direct supervision of the Summer Food Service Program Coordinator, under the general supervision of the Community Outreach Director, has accountability to the SFSP Monitor.
Supervision Exercised: May delegate food preparation tasks to the SFSP Kitchen Aid and to SFSP Workers under the supervision of the SFSP coordinator. Qualifications:
- A minimum of high school diploma or GED, and coursework or experience in quality food preparation is required. Minimum of six months to one-year experience in Food Services is required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must possess the knowledge of basic food preparation and kitchen procedures.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift/carry/move heavy items up to 50 pounds.
- The ability to work well with others in a cooperative and respectful manner; ability to comply with schedule and job responsibilities; ability to work as a member of a team or independently.
- Responsible for overseeing all kitchen support staff.
- Responsible for all meal preparation. Preparing breakfast, lunch and supper for all SFSP sites in quantities as needed each day.
- Follows menu patterns approved by USDA and SNHS management.
- Responsible for managing, ordering and maintaining SFSP food inventory and related SFSP kitchen equipment.
- Will wash and properly care for the kitchen equipment.
- Will maintain personal hygiene and cleanliness in accordance with state and local health, safety and sanitation regulations.
- Shares in all aspects of the Summer Food Service Program tasks as needed.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required
Southern New Hamsphire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer