Southern New Hampshire Services (SNHS) has great opportunity in our Fiscal department as Fiscal Program Assistant. SNHS has great benefits including:
· Generous Paid-Time-Off benefits
· Company paid Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
· 10% Employer Contribution to your retirement plan after one year.
This position provides clerical and financial support to the agency’s fiscal department for multiple programs, and reports to the Chief Fiscal Officer. If you are detail oriented, have strong administrative, record keeping reporting, and organizational skills this might be the job for you.
The Fiscal Program Assistant is responsible for providing clerical and financial support to the agency’s Fiscal Department as assigned. Additional responsibilities include the processing of the Homeless Housing and Access Revolving Loan Fund (HHARLF); Housing Security Guarantee Program (HSGP); and the Rockingham Holiday Program in accordance with documented fiscal procedures.
Works under the direct supervision of the Chief Fiscal Officer and general supervision of the Executive Director.
1. High School diploma or GED/HiSET with experience in accounting and low income housing.
2. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
3. Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
4. Must possess strong interpersonal relationship skills.
5. Strong administrative, record keeping, reporting and organization skills necessary with high attention to detail.
6. Ability to function within the context of a team, and the ability to work independently are required.
7. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
· Provides a wide variety of clerical support to the Housing Fiscal, Accounts Payable and the agency’s Fiscal Department.
· Assists in preparing the Housing Financial package for Annual Audits.
· Serve as a back-up for Agency Accounts Payable including: FAP, Weatherization and WIOA.
· Assists with data entry as assigned.
· Works with HSGP and HHARLF program recipients regarding payments and payment plans; sends out monthly client statements; and posts payments to OR1 (Outreach 1).
· Completes monthly State cumulative HSGP and HHARLF reporting.
· Communicates with landlords about the program and claims process and processes claims.
· Maintains HSGP and HHARLF client files.
· Records received checks; applies date and deposit endorsement; makes copies for program and fiscal offices; and makes bank deposits to Agency and HSGP accounts. Prepares deposit copies and adds G/L codes for Fiscal entry.
· Participates in scheduled Team meetings as requested.
· Responsible for maintaining records of gift and gift card distribution according to program procedures
· Responsible for balancing Outreach1, HSGP, HHRRLF with the Fiscal Reporting.
· Maintain assigned record-keeping systems essential to effective administration and program operations.
· Provides backup coverage for reception and phones as needed.
· Maintains professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintains the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policies and procedures.
· Abides by all SNHS safety policies and procedures.
· Presents a professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
· Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS, Inc. programs and will, gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs beneficial to clients and his/her family.
· Performs all other duties as assigned by the supervisory personnel.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer