The Center Director is responsible for the daily operations, management, and quality child care of the Child Care Center to which they are assigned.
He/She works under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager and the general supervision of the Child Development Director.
He/She has direct supervision of teachers, home visitors, and other staff as assigned.
The candidate will have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field, Bachelor’s preferred; 3-4 years management experience; marketing skills; experience in planning and monitoring a budget; and experience related to fiscal issues including but limited to fee collection; prior experience in case work, community organizations, and working with small groups; ability to be flexible with time for evening home visits, meetings, and possible weekend parent activities. Must carry adequate automobile insurance and be able to provide proof of insurance.
Center Director Responsibilities:
- Support the mission and philosophy of the Head Start program. Work in partnership with families without judgment or bias, recognizing and respecting individual differences and backgrounds.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personnel integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and fortitude in all our Community Action activities in order to inspire confidence and trust in the Community Action movement.
- Maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family. Refer families to available community services and programs and follow up as necessary.
- Present a professional and positive image as a representative of the center, Child Development Program and SNHS, Inc.
- Abide by all SNHS, Inc. Safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain a quality child care program that is in compliance with NH State Licensing and Head Start Performance Standards. Responsible for daily operations and management of the center; enforcing all center policies and procedures and maintaining licensure and quality rating; support and enforce the Child Development Program and SNHS, Inc. Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work as a part of a team, communicate effectively both orally and in writing, receive and provide feedback, and manage dynamic interchanges in meetings.
- Development of action plans in the event of unforeseen circumstances and ensuring that these plans are clearly communicated to all involved. (Snow policy, emergency closings, staff illness, staff vacancy, loss of power, etc.).
- Maintain and monitor center waiting list and assure 100% enrollment.
- Timely submittal of ADP payroll and weekly/monthly paperwork requirements; submittal of required reports (classroom attendance reports, meal tallies, petty cash reports, receiving reports, site update reports etc.) weekly or monthly as needed
- Collect appropriate fees weekly from each family maintaining A/R records for the fiscal department at SNHS, Inc.
- Responsible for staff scheduling, maintaining child to teacher ratios effectively and efficiently.
- Attend leadership meetings and report information to the center staff.
- Attend conferences and trainings as appropriate.
Supervision & Support:
- Provide leadership and direction in planning for the training, development, and mentorship of all staff in order to meet or exceed requirements, and as a means of ensuring quality experiences for infants/toddlers, preschoolers, and their families.
- Oversee the organization and implementation of curriculum, goals, and objectives that are appropriate for both Early Head Start and Head Start aged children.
- Support staff in correcting deficits noted in content managers monitoring visits and reports; working cooperatively with content mangers to assure corrections.
- Responsible for ongoing supervision and yearly evaluation of assigned staff.
- Will maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer