The incumbent of this position is responsible for: the daily operations of the food service activities of the child care center to which they are assigned and the overall support of the food service program.
She/He works under the direct supervision of the Nutrition Services Specialist.
No supervision exercised.
The candidate will have a minimum of high school diploma or GED, and coursework or experience in quality food preparation, budgeting and purchasing; six months to two years quality food service experience; knowledge of basic cooking and kitchen procedures; strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work without supervision; maintain records and reports; ability to stand for extended periods of time, and lift/carry/move heavy items up to 75 pounds; ability to relate well to children and parents. Valid New Hampshire driver’s license, current adequate car insurance, proof of car insurance, and reliable transportation and the ability to travel throughout Hillsborough and Rockingham Counties.
1. Demonstrate the highest of standards of personnel integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and fortitude in all our Community Action activities in order to inspire confidence and trust in the Community Action movement.
2. Support the mission and philosophy of the Head Start program. Work in partnership with families without judgment or bias, recognizing and respecting individual differences and backgrounds.
3. Responsible for supporting centers/sites with food service coverage when food service staffing is insufficient as determined necessary by the Nutrition Services Specialist.
4. Prepare breakfast, lunch, and snacks for their assigned centers(s).
5. Adheres to menus that have been provided by Nutrition Services Specialist. Provides that these menus are posted in the kitchen and classrooms monthly. Adheres to menus for children with special nutrition needs as designated by the Nutrition Services Specialist, as well as able to adapt menus for special dietary requirements.
6. Relate professionally and tactfully with all families and staff. Maintain good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
7. Responsible to order and store deliveries of food and related kitchen supplies, within budget guidelines, as designated by the Nutrition Services Specialist.
8. Responsible for supporting ordering, receiving, and transporting surplus food under the direction of the Nutrition Services Specialist.
9. Responsible to shop at grocery store on an as needed basis within budget guidelines and picking-up of food from surplus food delivery site as needed for service.
10. Wash and properly care for the dishes, utensils, and kitchen and food delivery equipment.
11. Maintain kitchen cleanliness in accordance with state and local health safety and sanitation regulations. Responsible for following food safety and sanitation procedures.
12. Maintain temperature control charts daily.
13. Support Nutrition Services Specialist with regular safety and sanitation inspections of kitchens.
14. Responsible to have emergency meal plans available and support the monitoring and maintenance of emergency meal plans for all centers/sites.
15. Maintain records on food purchases and related supplies, and menu production.
16. Assist the teaching staff in implementing nutrition education activities for both preschoolers and infants and toddlers through food ordering, preparation, and provision of equipment.
17. Send required reports to Central Office and Nutrition Services Specialist weekly, when needed, or at the end of the month.
18. Share in all center responsibilities as needed.
19. Attends component and staff trainings.
20. Responsible for collecting and documenting all Non-Federal Share donations, as well as sending materials to the child development billing clerk by required date.
21. Maintains confidentiality at all times.
22. Assist with food preparation for monthly parent committee meetings.
23. Provide support to Policy Council functions through preparation of food as needed.
24. Support other SNHS programs as directed by the Nutrition Services Specialist.
25. Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
26. Build partnerships with families within professional boundaries, communicating program policies and procedures.
27. Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
28. Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
29. Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
30. Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer