Job Summary:The incumbent of this position is responsible for: transporting food to satellite center(s) and assisting the cook in the daily operations of the food service activities as needed.Supervision Received:She/He works under the direct supervision of the Center Director/Site Manager and general supervision of the Health & Nutrition Services Specialist.Qualifications:
The candidate will have a minimum of a High School diploma or GED; six months food service experience; knowledge of basic cooking and kitchen procedures; ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift/carry/move heavy items up to 75 pounds; valid New Hampshire driver’s license, current adequate car insurance, and a reliable vehicle for transportation of food; ability to relate well to children and parents; ability to work well with others in a cooperative and respectful manner; ability to comply with schedule and job responsibilities; willingness to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate the highest of standards of personnel integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and fortitude in all our Community Action activities in order to inspire confidence and trust in the Community Action movement.
- Support the mission and philosophy of the Head Start program. Work in partnership with families without judgment or bias, recognizing and respecting individual differences and backgrounds.
- Transport food to satellite center(s) and assist with kitchen clean-up and food preparation for their assigned center(s).
- Relate professionally and tactfully with all program participants and coworkers and maintain positive interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Adheres to menus and special dietary requirements that have been approved by the Heath & Nutrition Services Specialist.
- Assists in the storage of deliveries of food and related kitchen supplies.
- Wash and properly care for the dishes, utensils, kitchen and food delivery equipment.
- Responsible to follow food safety and sanitation procedures and maintain kitchen cleanliness in accordance with state and local health regulations.
- Attends component and staff trainings as requested by supervisors.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hamsphire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer