The Dishwasher will assist the cook and Center Director/Site Manager in the daily operations of the food service activities of the Child Care Center to which they are assigned.
She/He works under the direct supervision of the Center Director/Site Manager and general supervision of the Health & Nutrition Services Specialist.
The candidate will have a minimum of a High School diploma or GED; knowledge of basic cooking and kitchen procedures; ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift/carry/move heavy items up to 75 pounds; ability to relate well to children and parents; ability to work well with others in a cooperative and respectful manner; ability to comply with schedule and job responsibilities; willingness to work as a member of a team.
1. Assist cook with cleanup for their assigned center(s).
2. Assists in the storage of deliveries of food and related kitchen supplies.
3. Will wash and properly care for the dishes, utensils, and kitchen and food delivery equipment.
4. Will maintain kitchen cleanliness in accordance with state and local health, safety, and sanitation regulations. Responsible for following food safety and sanitation procedures.
5. Relate professionally and tactfully with all families and staff. Maintain good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
6. Will share in all center responsibilities as needed.
7. Attends component and staff trainings as requested by supervisors.
8. Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and normally gathers sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs beneficial the client, his/her family, or friends.
9. Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
10. Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
11. Abide by all SNHS safety policies and procedures.
12. Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer