The Child Development Coach will support teachers' use of effective teaching practices that lead to positive learning outcomes for children. The Education Coach works in close collaboration with the Early Childhood Specialist to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the Practice Based Coaching model and the collection and input of data necessary to support the initiative. The Child Development Coach will support the SNHS Holistic Health & Resilience program for staff by acting as a Champion for this program.
S/he works under the direct supervision of the Content Specialist
No supervision exercised
Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, related field, Master’s preferred. Knowledge and education regarding developmentally appropriate practices; experience working with children in group settings. Experience and/or education in adult learning. Successfully pass required background checks. Must possess a valid driver license and be able to travel when needed. Maintain adequate car insurance.
Staff members should expect to:
- Kneel to address children at eye level.
- Be able to demonstrate motor activities that may include running, hopping, jumping, dancing, and full body motions.
- Be able to run after a child in peril.
- Lift children in emergencies.
- Nurture children who may need consoling in the case of challenging behaviors.
- Get on the ground with children in case of fire and help them crawl to safety.
- Sometimes get kicked or hit accidentally during exuberant play.
- Relate professionally and tactfully with all program participants & co-workers. Maintain positive interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work as part of a team. Demonstrate effective communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Support the mission and philosophy of the Head Start program. Work in partnership with families without judgment or bias, recognizing and respecting individual differences and backgrounds.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personnel integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and fortitude in all our Community Action activities in order to inspire confidence and trust in the Community Action movement.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Promote teaching strategies in staff that assist with the development and school readiness of young children birth to age five; model best practices in working with young children.
- Develop trusting relationships with staff, children and families by contributing to a positive, nurturing environment. Build partnerships with teaching staff within professional boundaries, communicating program policies and procedures.
- Become trained and proficient in the strategies of the Practice Based Coaching model.
- Model strategies used for effective teacher practices.
- Develop a regular schedule of on-site support for each participating teacher.
- Assist teachers to structure environments, routines and interactions that contribute to positive outcomes for the children and families.
- Provide training and technical assistance to staff on the implementation of effective teacher practices.
- Attend State Coaching team meetings.
- Complete Champion training for the SNHS Holistic Health & Resilience program.
- Complete monthly Check-ins with contracted Worksite Wellness Program.
- Distribute monthly material from contracted Worksite Wellness Program to staff.
- Complete regular monthly check-ins with staff to support the SNHS Holistic Health & Resilience program.
- Maintain staff confidentiality; Maintain confidentiality within and between participating agencies.
- Attend training and professional development opportunities.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Abide by all agency safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer